2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Wonderful SUV
By royalpar1 on 08/31/06 11:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have this car now going on 4 years, no issues, the car is just great and probably the best SUV for the money. I have looked at others and believe that this the best value for money.

So disapponited in my MDX and Quality
By Chris D on 05/11/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2003 Acura MDX Brand new and currently it has 40k miles and in that time I have the Rotors and Brakes replaced under warr at least 4 times and all miles are highway and pampered. I have also had the truck at Acura on 4 ocassions for the Steering Wheel control because everytime I raise the volume the station changes and everytime the dealer says it was a bad ground and still can't fix it. I have opened up a complaint with Acura Corporate and bringing my truck again tonight to be fixed. All I can tell you is that I have 8 months left of my lease and I WILL NOT buy another Acura again it has been a big disappointment to spend $40000 on an SUV and deal with these constant problems

MDX review
By Skip on 04/18/06 07:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Always either a Jeep or Jimmy for years. Along with them had problems with the brakes on the Jeep's and wheel bareings on the Jimmy. All I can say about my X is...it is nice to know, if I do not want to purchase a new auto the rest of my life, I won't have to....thank you

Very satisfied
By JimDee on 12/17/05 11:15 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has been an excellent vehicle. No problems in three years. Excellent highway vehicle. Mileage 22 to 24 mpg. City 16 mpg. Some road noise. Excellent service by two dealers, one in Ga and one in FL.

Not all I dreamed of
By Curt in NC on 11/30/05 17:07 PM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car brand new almost three years ago. Chose it over Volvo XC90, mistake. Just after buying it the volume control on the steering wheel stopped working been replaced 4 times and still only works half of the time. Auto wipers come on with clean windshields on a sunny day and sometimes not at all when raining. Ive developed a rattle caused by a cheap weld on the heat shield for the exhaust and now my rear A/C quit working. With the hype Acura puts out I am utterly unimpressed. I've had trouble with the engine starting but only when parked on a hill, you'd still think for 40K you wouldn't have to worry about all this. Not recommended.

Dont expect it to be reliable!!!
By Jessie on 10/19/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle thinking I was buying a reliable Honda product (I've owned several Hondas that have had over 150K mi with nothing more than oil changes and minor repairs). This vehicle has been a big disappointment. Where should I start?? Been in the shop 3 times for transmission issues, they still can't fix the leaking sunroof after 4 attempts!!, car wouldn't start (turn over) a couple times. What makes this even worse is the ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS service at the dealership (I've tried 5 different ones) and Acura corporate customer service SIMPLY DOES NOT CARE. While I understand that any vehicle can have problems, how they take care of you says it all! Will never buy an Acura again!!

Low Profile But Reliable
By A. B. Garcia on 09/28/05 21:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Acura MDX for a month but I have enjoyed driving it. When I was first looking for a vehicle, my choice was a certified 2004 Lexus RX 330. My son, however, encouraged me to look at an Acura MDX. Thus, I first test drove the Lexus, but somehow knew what to expect because I have a 1995 ES 300. I, then humored my son and test drove an Acura. Well, you guess what my choice was. The Acura won hands down. The exterior of the Acura will not catch your attention right away. It has that low profile image. But underneath that is the build quality, excellent appointments of the instruments on the dashboard,and of course, its reliability.

disappointed
By stacey on 09/01/05 01:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car based on reviews of reliability and safety. Additionally, the third row seat was enticing. We have had several problems, the most serious being the brakes freezing up while driving due to a faulty sensor in the steering wheel telling the car that it was flipping and needing to stabilize! And we were 600 miles from home. Very scary and put my family at risk. The back seat is only suitable for children. The car is noisy at high speeds. And we get much lower gas mileage than Acura claims.

not reliable
By Victor on 07/30/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for less then two years and have a bunch of headaches. The fifth spark broke when i drove on a highway, 200 ml away from home. These days I am having a problem with starting the car - unbelievable. Something wrong with electronics and the dealer is not able to figure out. After having this problem happening to me on a parking lot for several times, I switched to my old Pathfinder truck - 105K miles, but never failed me.

Happy MDX owner
By SUVX XX on 07/14/05 05:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have researched a few other SUV's (Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infinity) before making the decision and I don't regret buying the MDX. It has been very fun to drive, comfortable, powerful and dependable. It handles very nice in the snow and it has plenty of power when you need it. It is also very smooth and quiet.