Used 2003 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

My First Acura MDX
By Poppa Mike

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Probably will never buy anything other than an MDX. Love it ! Wish we had ordered the entertainment system.

Enjoyable, smooth and comfortable ride Sound system is great.

What constructive criticism can I find?
By djcurrie32

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura MDX is second to none in this price range for a luxury SUV, Acura has always fitted its vehicles with standard options that would be a la carte on most luxury lines, example heated seats, sunroof, memory seats, 6 disc CD changer, rain sensing wipers, rear view camera etc...After extensive research and with the fold down third seat this was the vehicle for my family, it rides smooth, great acceleration and handling, outstanding exterior styling..

I'm a TL w/nav owner so the new Voice- activated nav system is great, The fold down third row is an outstanding feature, our most recent SUV was a Tahoe and we had to take the seats out or leave them in..my wife loves the rear view camera.

with the touring model you get a multitude of appointments you would not find anywhere else, Acura can improve on the wood accents, it doesn't suit the stature of this vehicle. the fact the AC system leaks since Acura has elminated the drip pan is embarassing, the car is 41000

Gas Mileage Rip off
By WALF3

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MDX for 5 months and am truely dismayed at the gas mileage. The sticker reads 17 to 22, but I get 13-14 mpg driving 70/30 city/hwy. And when I bring it to the dealer, they have some excuse like its winter gas or we can't know your driving habits. Well I've been driving for 30 years and never had such rotten gas mileage. And it takes premium gas to make it worse. Don't believe that sticker.. you're in for a shock.

The versatility of seven passengers or loads of cargo space. Best in class in that regard.

Improve gas mileage and listen to your customers

Roof Rack Stink
By FG

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though I love my MDX the only thing bad is the Roof Racks. First of all they are too close to each other to put any soft storage carriers. If you want to get a hard cargo top its not compatible to 99% of non-dealer companies. The Acura's cargo carries is priced twice as much and half the space of THULE's brand. So if your going to buy the MDX, save some money and don't include them in the package.

A Very Typical Acura - Great!
By Tedd Slugg

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quite simply it is the best value in a luxury SUV on the market. Big enough to haul lots of "stuff", but handles much like my ACURA RL. My wife loves the way it handles and does not have to climb in-and-out like many higher SUVs. Easily the best SUV we test drove - and we tried them all - and its sticker price is realitively low. Just can't beat the overall package.

Reliability, resale value, high value to price

Color coordinated door trim at the proper height to help minimize dings in the doors.