2 yr 3 month ownership (happy)
By logun on
2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Bought this SUV for my wife in late 2009 early 2010, with 74,500 miles on it. We've put 23,000 miles on it (+ or -). We've had it dealer maintained as it was from the previous owner (we r 2nd owner). We've made sure to maintain the transmission (both frnt & rear diffs as well) as AWD or 4 x 4 vehicles require this otherwise it breaks. We have replaced shocks, struts, motor mounts, window regulator & a tensioner set. The pwr steering does quit when we hit a large puddle till the belt dries (within a few sec.) Otherwise it's been a great vehicle. She even runs low to mid grade octane gas without issue.
Favorite Features
nothing comes to mind here. Overall the SUV is nice, 3rd row seating is cool how it folds and stores. It has performed well in snow & ice. It gets us to and fro. Decent mileage on the hwy about 19mpg maybe 20 if we watch the mph & keep it below 75. avg in the city between 14 to 16mpg. total running cost for the time we've owned the car (gas, oil, car washes & maintenance) is around $4,821.00. Keep in mind that total is any money spent on the MDX again gas, oil, car washes & maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
If you have small children & you are tall you will not have a lot of leg room because of the baby seats & you have to scoot up a bit. I'm 6'6" & my wife is 5'9", she doesn't mind so much as she normally sits close to the dash anyway, me, well not so much. Long trips wouldn't be that enjoyable for me in it due to this. It rides like a truck compared to the '07 & above models, corners too fast feel as if you will tip, not like the 2nd gen models that handle like a car.