2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
I love my MDX
By andy3631 on 03/23/13 00:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Acura for about 7 years now and I absolutely love it. I bought it with 70,000 miles on it and I currently have 209,000 miles. I have never had any major problems with it. I actually drove about 2000 miles from Chicago to California and it drove great. I hope to have it for another 200,000 miles.

Would buy it again if not for transmission issues
By texan100 on 06/15/11 14:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got CPO MDX after lot of research and consumerReports guide which rated MDX as the BEST suv. I did drive for 5 years and was very happy with my car. I never had major issues and never paid any money from my pocket as it was all under warranty. They did find problem with engine mounts, battery and some tubes that needed cleaning which was all taken care by Acura warranty. I did regular maintenance. Dealer did charge me 600 or so for 60k mile service. Last year I did find that car was not going smooth. It was driving rough sometimes and smooth other times. I also read about transmission issues when it hits 100k. Since mine hit 92k I sold it.

Disguised minivan
By bmwguy on 03/02/07 11:03 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 1 year old used MDX with 14000k, drove about another 45k over 2.5 years. Roomy, mostly reliable, but NOT sporty. Closest to a minivan in ride and handling. Neither tough enough for offroad nor secure enough for sporty driving. Replaced starter under warranty, but scheduled dealer service pricey with frequent transfer case oil changes. Did I mention my dealer maintained creampuff did not hold value for a trade at an Acura dealer? Don't let Acura tell you this a a luxury car, just because it has leather seats. Mediocre stereo.

Cool
By barg on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. We went to many places with this car. I would recommend.

Solid Car
By Jamesbuffalony on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Last remaining 2003 model left on the lot for about $700 less than TMV. Car has been wonderful, great in the snow, great ride, wonderful interior quality, engine smooth, transmission pretty good, suspension excellent for an SUV. interior room great, rear seats ok, last row good for kids. mileage typical for an suv (poor). Accidentally closed the garage door on the roof. Acura service was top notch. Very honest professional and courteous. This car is A STEAL for the $$$. And you don't have to deal with the pretensiousness from the german dealers.

ccool
By okidoki4 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very well built, solid vehicle, lots of cargo room

Donna's rating
By Donna Middleton on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There need to be improvements for better gas mileage. Also, the tires need to be improved for safety and over all performance.

Beautiful
By Caper on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it!! The blue is a hot color!!

MDX - good but not great
By amarlow on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought MDX about 6 weeks ago. Really like it except that I find the drivers seat very uncomfortable (too firm) and there is an annoying rattle that I need to take back to dealer to fix. Looked at many SUV's and thought this was the whole package.

Best SUV yet
By Bobkes on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Acura is the third suv I have owned, after driving a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder. It is the best yet. Drives and handles like a car with no skittishness in the corners, with wide comfortable seats, good head room, and a comfortable driving position. Plenty of power when you need it, and great in snow. other than gravel trails. Feel it is the best Suv out there now, others are too small, too trucklike, or too expensive for what you get.Small peeve, picked up a couple of parking lot door dings because of no side moulding protection, metal dents easily. Good ride so far, will see how it does after some more miles.