Worth the wait
By KYShredder on
2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I waited 5 months for delivery, and wasn't disappointed. It is the perfect blend of sport, utility & luxury. Pickup is quick, handling precise yet comfortable. I've had 7 passengers in it for short treks without complaints. Also, I've had 4x8 sheets of drywall in it - they lie flat! It's not so luxurious that you are scared to mess it up. The wife and I fight over driving it. It isn't as luxurious as a Lexus. Suggested improvements are 'nits'. With the value and performance, cannot understand why anyone would waste money on any other SUV in this class. II'd buy another!
Favorite Features
Lots of standard features. Fold flat 3rd row seat, power/acceleration and performance, driver ergonomics, interior and exterior styling. Gas mileage (19 around town, 22 hwy at 75- 80 mph. Tires & brakes have 48,000 on them so far, and still going.
Suggested Improvements
Door mouldings std, more 'sporty' back end look. Bigger sunroof (1/2 covered by visor option). More luxury (upgrade dash plastic, increase std. features). Lexus R330 = more luxury, less utility. No tranny probs so far, but know it could be better. More leg room all rows. Some of this in 2005s.