Very Happy With Purchase So Far
By twelborn on
2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
My dad and I found this 2002 Acura MDX with around 101,000 miles on it for around $12,000. Was a little off-put with the miles at first, but after I drove it I absolutely loved it. Luxury cars' engines last better than normal cars, you get a better car for the buck too. It provides smooth acceleration and provides an overall very comfortable ride. Was using unleaded-plus fuel at first, but then the ride got a little shaky. Switched back to straight-up premium and the engine performance and fuel economy became much better. I love the Bose sound system in the car, good and clean audio deliverance. Very happy with this car. As long as you do regular maintenance, you shouldn't have problems.
Favorite Features
I love the fuel economy gauge in the center console. Not only did it allow me to adjust my driving habits to get better fuel economy, it has also made me an overall safer driver. The Bose sound system - clean high frequencies, full mid-range, and a nice punch to the low-end frequencies. Performance - sure, it isn't a sports car, but that's not why you get this sort of vehicle. It provides more than enough horsepower to smoothly and comfortably get you to your destination as well as the occasional passing power on the highway with semis.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing that I would make one suggestion to change is nothing big. Just the fact that the doors do not lock and unlock automatically when putting the car into park or into gear. Honestly, though, there is nothing wrong with this vehicle. I love it so much!