2002 Acura MDX Consumer Review: I Would Buy Another

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

I Would Buy Another
By Freddie on

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I test drove several SUVs before selecting this one. We selected it in part because it has the drive and comfort of a car unlike the truck feel of many others. The body style is great (didn't change for a few years). We like the reliability, overall style, navigation system, and mileage (is still very good). After 143,000+ miles & over 7 year it still looks and drives great. A new transmission was installed a few months before the extended warranty expired so we incurred no extra cost. No other major work has been needed. Two times the navigation malfunctioned but shortly corrected itself. We need to update our navigation CD because some locations can't be found.

I like the seat memory because my husband and I alternate driving the SUV. With the push of a button, my seat position is restored. Especially like the navigation recalculation feature if you go off the route and the fold out that holds coffee mugs/cups in both front and rear compartments.

The third seat is very tight so only a small person or young child can sit comfortably. It would be good to have a little more leg room.