2002 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Hope This Helps

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Hope This Helps
By mikelevels on

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying this car. I got the list down to MDX and Pilot, the Honda version of the same car, because I carry large speakers and needed a 49" wide car. There were no used Pilots at the time, so the MDX was it. Like everyone else, I had the transmission problem and eventually had it replaced under warrantee with no questions asked. Make sure you buy a certified car with an extended power train warrantee. Great highway cruiser. 4 hour trips are no problem. If it got stolen, I'd get a Pilot to replace it.

My favorite feature is the Navi system. I didn't want it at first but now I cant live without it. I travel a lot and I love being able to find the closest restaurant or gas station.

The car seems to be built lightly. We also have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that seems to be built better. Check out MDXs and Pilot next time you're in a parking lot, they all have dimples in the sides because the outer skin is so thin. I have a couple and I don't know where they came from.