2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Very pleased
By MDX Rocks on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just had our 7,500 mile service, and I can't praise this vehicle enough. Great power, looks, comfort, reliability. Having driven 330 miles through a serious snow storm on Christmas Eve, I feel qualified to say that the 4WD works extremely well. You can buy an X5 with options to match the MDX for thousands more, and you still won't be able to do anything about the space deficit. The extra seats and cargo space are VERY nice to have. If you want to be able to say "I drive a BMW", that's understandable - my wife and I just bought a 530i. But if you want value, the MDX is the clear choice.

noisy ride
By RLJEB on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle for the supposed reliability and extra seating capability. After approximately 1,000 miles I began to notice a high pitch ringing noise when going over 30mph. I have taken the MDX back to the dealer 3 times for repair to no avail. Also, whenever I change gears (i.e. go into reverse after being in park) the is a loud thud when braking. Dealer tells me this a normal characterisitc of the MDX's brake callipers (sp?) adjusting. Who knows? What I do know is that I am unhappy with the entire Acura experience. I paid close to $40,000 for a noisy vehicle which I do not enjoy driving.

MDX rules over any other SUV.
By tedpacificNW on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 99 Ch-eep Grand J-erokee for 3+ years and spending WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on minor and MAJOR repairs (after the warranty expired, of course), I purchased the 2002 MDX. Although the price on the MDX is much more than the Jeep, I'll most likely be saving money over time. The quality and craftsmanship of the MDX is by far superior than the JGC and I believe 90+ percent of all suv's on the market. This is the best SUV for golfers, because golf clubs fit like a glove in this SUV. If you're looking for a smooth, comfortable, no-rattle, luxury ride, this is the SUV to buy.

No complaints at all
By JohnT on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After two years with my MDX I'm pleased to say that I have not had a single problem with this vehicle. It's fun to drive and has a lot of space. I put two child car seats in the back and still easily fit an adult in that row. Downside: It's not truck-like enough to be "cool" and it's not mini-van-like enough to be superbly useful. I was looking for a hybrid of these two things and while this is the best compromise there is, the MDX is not quite the best of both worlds. More luxurious than an Explorer, more spacious than an RX300, less expensive than a BMW, cooler (somewhat) than a minivan.

2002 MDX Touring Nav
By valandshark on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a wonderful SUV. Good acceleration and car-like handling. Lots of versitility with the third row seating. The only suggestion I'd give Acura would be to have a bit more storage space behind the third seats (almost none when the seats are in use). I test drove all of the competition and it blew them all away, and has lived up to my expectations.

MDXcellent
By 2002 Black MDX on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're very pleased with the MDX, it it spacious, well designed and extremely comfortable to drive. The 240 hp engine provides excellent fuel economy and enough power to handle any driving conditions. Can't wait to try it in the mountains this coming winter.

Great SUV
By MRH on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have used this vehicle to haul large items long distances on the roof; to carry home improvement items and landscaping materials; and to carry the family 5000 miles on vacation. There isn't a better, more reliable vehicle on the market.

Liberty loves it!
By ladylib on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX was not without inital minor problems (the thud, the weeping mirrors) but both problems were resolved by Acura and the dealership. Hubby was recently in a 50mph freeway crash in our MDX, and while our vehicle is pronbably totalled, he wasn't. This vehicle has earned it's admirably high safety rating - it did what it was designed to do and I'm grateful. Those foks at Acura build an awewsome egg crate. We're not looking elsewhere - we're just planning on replacing our damaged MDX with a newer model. Thanks Acura!

Great SUV
By Mct on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Ride, Suprisingly good gas mileage, solid build quality.

A Great SUV
By MDXowner on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is a capable blend of SUV, and family car, with a dash of sports car thrown in. The exterior styling is distinctive and elegant. It looks sporty and clean. The touring package adds nice wheels and a roof rack which compliments the overall styling theme. The interior design is on par with most cars in this class. It hosts a bevy of standard features such as leather trimmed seats, 8-way power driver's seat, and heated front seats. The engine is refined and strong.