Used 2002 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Disappointing
By vegas

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the more disappointing vehicles that I have owned. Vehicle clunks when shifting from forward to reverse (dealer says it cannot be repaired). Can't drive with the windows down as it creates pressure inside vehicle. The list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bugs!

Everything I always wanted
By bphill

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle truly has the best of all worlds’ ex.style, comfort, luxury, performance, and fuel efficient. Not to mention that the sound system is top notch (even has a sub). My wife and I both are very pleased all around. The next vehicle I buy will be a newer version of the MDX. The only thing I wish I had in this one is the navigation option. The next one I buy will have the navigation and dvd entertainment.

Favorite Features

Sound System, Third row, and seat memory

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise

Worth the wait
By KYShredder

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 5 months for delivery, and wasn't disappointed. It is the perfect blend of sport, utility & luxury. Pickup is quick, handling precise yet comfortable. I've had 7 passengers in it for short treks without complaints. Also, I've had 4x8 sheets of drywall in it - they lie flat! It's not so luxurious that you are scared to mess it up. The wife and I fight over driving it. It isn't as luxurious as a Lexus. Suggested improvements are 'nits'. With the value and performance, cannot understand why anyone would waste money on any other SUV in this class. II'd buy another!

Favorite Features

Lots of standard features. Fold flat 3rd row seat, power/acceleration and performance, driver ergonomics, interior and exterior styling. Gas mileage (19 around town, 22 hwy at 75- 80 mph. Tires & brakes have 48,000 on them so far, and still going.

Suggested Improvements

Door mouldings std, more 'sporty' back end look. Bigger sunroof (1/2 covered by visor option). More luxury (upgrade dash plastic, increase std. features). Lexus R330 = more luxury, less utility. No tranny probs so far, but know it could be better. More leg room all rows. Some of this in 2005s.

Love our MDX
By Derbys

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We live up an unpaved drive on the side of a mountain. The MDX handles it effortlessly in all kinds of conditions. Extremely comfortable, fun to drive, wonderful Bose audio system.

Favorite Features

Handling

Fun Car
By Gerald

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought pre-owned. Very pleased with ride and Engine response. Very comfortable and love the 3rd row seat. Navagation very easy to read. Gas mileage is good for a suv. Overall no complaints.

Favorite Features

Navigation and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

None.