2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
AcuraMDX
By nrstycz on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I live 100 miles from my nearest Acura dealer. As I had hoped, I have never had a need for service on my MDX except for oil, tire rotations, and wiper blades. My only significant complaint is the wind noise from interstate crosswinds are magnified by water channels on both sides of the windshield.

Love our MDX
By americare on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is nearly everything we expected it to be. It is very roomy, handles well and is comfortable to drive. We did however, expect better than 18.8 mpg considering the MDX requires premium gasoline. We would also like to have had a rear window that goes down. Otherwise it is a terrific vehicle and an excellent value!

A great SUV
By hdnordhaus on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ride and handling for an SUV is excellent, more like a sedan than SUV. Seats, driver and passenger, are the most comfortable of all vehicles I have ever been in. Fuel economy is remarkable (I get better than the claimed 23 MPG on the highway) considering the power is more than adequate.

Love my X
By caroline on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have fallen in love with a car/ suv. So far I have driven through 3 snowstorms with out any fear, and driven to Florida twice. And, if someone wants to go somewhere, I volunteer to drive them. Handles like a dream, has great pickup, there is a great feeling of safety and control.

Love my X
By Caroline on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

It has it's quirks
By Not too Impressed on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought my MDX I thought I was getting quality that you would expect with the Acura name. I have never spent this much on a vehicle before and had high expectations. There are too many quirks for a $40k car. Rattling noises from every where, doors, rear seats, dashboard and some places that I just can't figure out. The driver seat back squeaks if pushed back on slightly. After a rain or car wash if you roll your window down the inside window gets wet and must be wiped off. Sometimes there is this low ringing noise that I can't figure out where it's coming from. Not to mention the annoying brake clicking and gas tank sloshing.

Good vehicle but not a great vehicle.
By Outlaw 06 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife drives the MDX primarily for shopping and shuttling around our 3 children. I drive it primarily on weekends. Like all Hondas, the MDX offers good reliability and value (dealer price gouging notwithstanding). The MDX is built well and has a very good engine and drivetrain. The MDX's interior quality and ergonomics are also very good. However, performance is average, handling is unimpressive and the vehicle is noisy at highway speeds. Braking is HORRIBLE, the MDX takes forever to stop! Additionally, the MDX is not very stylish when compared to other "luxury" SUVs such as the BMW X5 or Mercedes-Benz M-Class (regardless of the price difference).

Honda/Acura has come a long way!
By cachupin25 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In my opinion best SUV for the price if compared to many European, American, and other Asian SUVs. Performance is great, has great trailering ability, all though, if at the limit of the trailering weight, the rear suspension lacks strength. Maintenance is good if compared to any European vehicle. Honda/Acura has re-engineered all their vehicles to add a european flavor to them and has also strengthened the body strucutre if compared Honda/Acuras built in the 80s.

An SUV for all the right reasons!
By DallasMDX on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife wanted a vehicle that is easy to manuever (not a tank!), nice looking, has a well appointed interior, will haul around our 3 kids plus junk and friends, and above all - is safe. And, she refuses to drive a van. Well, the MDX is the only vehicle that meets all the above criteria. And is does so with great style, and attention to detail.

MDX
By ElKay on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our MDX for almost a year. We have had no problems with our vehicle, and have really found it to be better than we anticipated. We have made numerous long trips and it has surpassed all expectations.