Used 2002 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Still Happy
By Kenny a.

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I still love my MDX. the car has 95,000 miles on it and I am torn between replacing it with another or waiting to the new model comes out. I did have a few problems (transmission replaced at 35,000 miles & need a new motor mount at 90,000). But I still love the car. Acura has been wonderful auto company to deal with.

Nav system. The seats are very comfortable. I can drive this car 200 miles and see a client still feeling fresh.

The climate control lay out and location could be improved. My wife does not like where the clock is.

decent car...Terrible transmission
By JohnA.Feer

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a good car short term. After my second year owning this car a bunch of lights came up on the dashboard. After getting it checked, weeks later the transmission starting to fail. acura has honda products including the transmission, and honda is known for the worst transmission. The car starting bucking and did not get into gear, and would have trouble reversing. Very comfy, nice options, but just bad transmission, and sunroof.

6 disk Cd changer, heated seats

Transmission, Fuel economy

Disappointing
By vegas

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the more disappointing vehicles that I have owned. Vehicle clunks when shifting from forward to reverse (dealer says it cannot be repaired). Can't drive with the windows down as it creates pressure inside vehicle. The list goes on.

Fix the bugs!

Everything I always wanted
By bphill

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle truly has the best of all worldsÂ’ ex.style, comfort, luxury, performance, and fuel efficient. Not to mention that the sound system is top notch (even has a sub). My wife and I both are very pleased all around. The next vehicle I buy will be a newer version of the MDX. The only thing I wish I had in this one is the navigation option. The next one I buy will have the navigation and dvd entertainment.

Sound System, Third row, and seat memory

Less road noise

Worth the wait
By KYShredder

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 5 months for delivery, and wasn't disappointed. It is the perfect blend of sport, utility & luxury. Pickup is quick, handling precise yet comfortable. I've had 7 passengers in it for short treks without complaints. Also, I've had 4x8 sheets of drywall in it - they lie flat! It's not so luxurious that you are scared to mess it up. The wife and I fight over driving it. It isn't as luxurious as a Lexus. Suggested improvements are 'nits'. With the value and performance, cannot understand why anyone would waste money on any other SUV in this class. II'd buy another!

Lots of standard features. Fold flat 3rd row seat, power/acceleration and performance, driver ergonomics, interior and exterior styling. Gas mileage (19 around town, 22 hwy at 75- 80 mph. Tires & brakes have 48,000 on them so far, and still going.

Door mouldings std, more 'sporty' back end look. Bigger sunroof (1/2 covered by visor option). More luxury (upgrade dash plastic, increase std. features). Lexus R330 = more luxury, less utility. No tranny probs so far, but know it could be better. More leg room all rows. Some of this in 2005s.