Used 2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Like My Acura
By "Wicky"

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just got our Acura and love it a lot. It's quick, roomy & luxurious. The sound system is great and we really like the memory seats. Bottom line is that this vehicle has outstanding standard options. The only additional feature I wish ours had is the "navi." We've only had it about a month but thus far it rates right up there in the top 3 vehicles I've owned.

Sound system, memory seats, fuel efficiency and it's power.

Make the navi standard & increase the size of the sun roof.

Very Happy
By WeTwo

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After five years we still love this car. It has been totally reliable, handles well, has sufficient power for freeway driving and has a surprisingly tight turning radius for its size. Last, but not least, this MDX has extremely comfortable seating in the front and second row (we have never used the 3rd row). We would recommend it highly. We expect ours to be carrying us around for many years to come.

Tight turning radius. Very comfortable front and second row seating. Smooth, level and safe cargo area for our large dogs.

Great Used Car
By Rod

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a MDX touring with nav that had 92K miles and it is great. This SUV drives and handles well. I'm getting about 20-21 miles a gallon from driving around town and 24-25 on road trips. Never got that from my GMC Envoy. There were some small problems since the car is 4 years old like timing belts and brakes but overall this SUV is in excellent shape. I would recommend this SUV for anyone looking for a used vehicle.

Navigation system, radio, great gas mileage.

Needs premium gas.

2002 Acura MDX Touring
By gensaco

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 9 vehicles this being the 10th, I find it to be the best yet. Considering I was hell-bent on buying a hybrid suv, I'm pleasantly surprised how easily I changed my mind after taking mine for a test drive. I love it more each time I get in. Hate to get out when I get home, could drive it forever. All the interior controls are placed well for easy access. Roomy interior. The ride was a tad stiffer than an Equinox but I do love the way it handles. May be due to too much air in the tires. Great on icy roads. Nice tight turning radius. Unless they make drastic changes, I'm fairly certain I'll buy another in 3 yrs. All the bells & whistles are great. The MDX fits me like a glove.

Heated power seats, sunroof, handling, chrome sport bars, sound system, tilt down psgr. mirror, woodgrain, separate rear climate control,i ntegrated garage door opener, cupholders, heated mirrors, rear door opens upward as opposed to sideways makes for easier accessibility, steering wheel controls, memory seats

2nd row seating should fold flat, auto headlights are a must, rear camera for backing up, hate the rear pass. windows not going all the way down - should at least have the option of doing so, would like the center rear seatbelt to be detachable from roof, get rid of ashtray, telescoping steering wheel.

Surprise, Surprise!!
By D. L. May

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle used with approximately 57000 miles on it. Bought the warranty and glad I did. Transmission had a major failure at 73000 miles. So disappointing as my warranty is covering most of the cost of repair to replace the transmission, but not all. I told the dealership I was surprised that a high end SUV would have a major drivetrain failure with just 73000 miles. I can't justify ever purchasing a Honda/Acura after this experience. Advice, don't buy this vehicle.

Room

No excuse for this, transmission failure should be rectified.