2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Disappointing
By vegas on 02/10/06 01:13 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the more disappointing vehicles that I have owned. Vehicle clunks when shifting from forward to reverse (dealer says it cannot be repaired). Can't drive with the windows down as it creates pressure inside vehicle. The list goes on.

Everything I always wanted
By bphill on 05/30/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle truly has the best of all worldsÂ’ ex.style, comfort, luxury, performance, and fuel efficient. Not to mention that the sound system is top notch (even has a sub). My wife and I both are very pleased all around. The next vehicle I buy will be a newer version of the MDX. The only thing I wish I had in this one is the navigation option. The next one I buy will have the navigation and dvd entertainment.

Worth the wait
By KYShredder on 04/23/05 07:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 5 months for delivery, and wasn't disappointed. It is the perfect blend of sport, utility & luxury. Pickup is quick, handling precise yet comfortable. I've had 7 passengers in it for short treks without complaints. Also, I've had 4x8 sheets of drywall in it - they lie flat! It's not so luxurious that you are scared to mess it up. The wife and I fight over driving it. It isn't as luxurious as a Lexus. Suggested improvements are 'nits'. With the value and performance, cannot understand why anyone would waste money on any other SUV in this class. II'd buy another!

Love our MDX
By Derbys on 03/29/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We live up an unpaved drive on the side of a mountain. The MDX handles it effortlessly in all kinds of conditions. Extremely comfortable, fun to drive, wonderful Bose audio system.

Fun Car
By Gerald on 01/28/05 03:45 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought pre-owned. Very pleased with ride and Engine response. Very comfortable and love the 3rd row seat. Navagation very easy to read. Gas mileage is good for a suv. Overall no complaints.

Still a winner
By PCH on 12/02/04 23:11 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car delivers as promised. There's a reason why it continued to win editors choice awards after 3 years. Interior design is good, could be a bit more luxurious. Gas mileage excellent under 70 MPH (23.5 MPG highway on my last trip - awesome for a mid-sized suv!). Minor build quality issues; back of drivers seat broke off, cup holder latch needed to be replaced. Like that they used to be rare on the road

stuck wt. transmission woes ???
By tfit on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased our mdx after having 3 odysseys.The main objective was to move into a high quality, performance suv. Honda was always great to us when service was required on our vans. Now the problem....our mdx is having a 1500 rpm transmission shutter. it has 42000 miles. By doing proper research I know it will need a transmission. it has the same transmission probems as some hondas( that honda will cover to 100,000 miles).So far acura is doing warranty to 50,000 miles.Acura is playing games with customers and treating problems case by case , as not to tarnish the acura image by hidding its real problems from the public.

Acura's Best
By B. Tierney on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our MDX - so much so that we will never drive any other car. We are completely sold on this car. In almost three years we have had absolutely no problems with it. The maintenance schedule is reasonable and we have been able to keep it up with limited cost. This car is a winner!!!!

Gettin another one as soon as I can
By Pdeaun on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV! It's stylishness turns heads. It's roomy, I have filled this truck with 2 32 inch TV's (in their boxes) and still had room for the rest of the Christmas shopping bags. The MDX is a real workhorse. It has good pick-up and is not bad on gas (which is getting harder and harder to judge) As soon as I am ready, I will fly back to the dealer for a newer model

Great SUV!
By unc028 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a fun to drive, lots of cargo room or people room, with the capability of 4WD suv, this is the suv. It has so much cargo room with the second row seats folded down, plus it has a 3rd row in the back to let to more people sit. All I can say it is the best suv I've ever had!