2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Like My Acura
By "Wicky" on 04/23/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just got our Acura and love it a lot. It's quick, roomy & luxurious. The sound system is great and we really like the memory seats. Bottom line is that this vehicle has outstanding standard options. The only additional feature I wish ours had is the "navi." We've only had it about a month but thus far it rates right up there in the top 3 vehicles I've owned.

Very Happy
By WeTwo on 11/26/07 11:38 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After five years we still love this car. It has been totally reliable, handles well, has sufficient power for freeway driving and has a surprisingly tight turning radius for its size. Last, but not least, this MDX has extremely comfortable seating in the front and second row (we have never used the 3rd row). We would recommend it highly. We expect ours to be carrying us around for many years to come.

Great Used Car
By Rod on 01/10/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a MDX touring with nav that had 92K miles and it is great. This SUV drives and handles well. I'm getting about 20-21 miles a gallon from driving around town and 24-25 on road trips. Never got that from my GMC Envoy. There were some small problems since the car is 4 years old like timing belts and brakes but overall this SUV is in excellent shape. I would recommend this SUV for anyone looking for a used vehicle.

2002 Acura MDX Touring
By gensaco on 11/26/06 01:19 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 9 vehicles this being the 10th, I find it to be the best yet. Considering I was hell-bent on buying a hybrid suv, I'm pleasantly surprised how easily I changed my mind after taking mine for a test drive. I love it more each time I get in. Hate to get out when I get home, could drive it forever. All the interior controls are placed well for easy access. Roomy interior. The ride was a tad stiffer than an Equinox but I do love the way it handles. May be due to too much air in the tires. Great on icy roads. Nice tight turning radius. Unless they make drastic changes, I'm fairly certain I'll buy another in 3 yrs. All the bells & whistles are great. The MDX fits me like a glove.

Surprise, Surprise!!
By D. L. May on 09/07/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle used with approximately 57000 miles on it. Bought the warranty and glad I did. Transmission had a major failure at 73000 miles. So disappointing as my warranty is covering most of the cost of repair to replace the transmission, but not all. I told the dealership I was surprised that a high end SUV would have a major drivetrain failure with just 73000 miles. I can't justify ever purchasing a Honda/Acura after this experience. Advice, don't buy this vehicle.

BEST CAR I HAVE OWNED
By rgaray on 08/28/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a pre-owned 2002 MDX over a month ago and to say that i am satisfied with this vehicle would be a huge understatement. This SUV drives and handles like a sedan, has the cargo space of a minivan and the ruggedness of an suv. I did a lot of research and test drove a couple of vehicles before my purchase(ML 320 being one) and am happy i made my decision to purchase the MDX.

2002 Acura MDX Love Affair
By bccarguy90 on 07/14/06 12:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2002 Acura MDX has been a flawless partner in all that I have asked of it. Aside from damage caused by accidents, there have been no problems and power has proved more than adequate. It is extremely comfortable particularly on long hauls and can carry anything from garbage to people easily. This is my top pick in the lux SUV category.

Hope This Helps
By mikelevels on 05/23/06 07:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying this car. I got the list down to MDX and Pilot, the Honda version of the same car, because I carry large speakers and needed a 49" wide car. There were no used Pilots at the time, so the MDX was it. Like everyone else, I had the transmission problem and eventually had it replaced under warrantee with no questions asked. Make sure you buy a certified car with an extended power train warrantee. Great highway cruiser. 4 hour trips are no problem. If it got stolen, I'd get a Pilot to replace it.

Still Happy
By Kenny a. on 05/22/06 06:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I still love my MDX. the car has 95,000 miles on it and I am torn between replacing it with another or waiting to the new model comes out. I did have a few problems (transmission replaced at 35,000 miles & need a new motor mount at 90,000). But I still love the car. Acura has been wonderful auto company to deal with.

decent car...Terrible transmission
By JohnA.Feer on 04/15/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a good car short term. After my second year owning this car a bunch of lights came up on the dashboard. After getting it checked, weeks later the transmission starting to fail. acura has honda products including the transmission, and honda is known for the worst transmission. The car starting bucking and did not get into gear, and would have trouble reversing. Very comfy, nice options, but just bad transmission, and sunroof.