Used 2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Accura will also be my next car
By chow-chow

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had owned 4 american cars before, they gave me a lot of mechanic problems. Inspite of a lot bad commends about this MDX, I think this is the BEST car I ever own. I got no problems with the engine so far.

3th row sit!

reduce interior noise over 80mph

A Rational Person's SUV
By Rational Buyer

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive SUVs because I need the interior storage space for golf equipment, antiques and garden supplies. The Acura MDX easily offers the largest cargo space of any mid-sized SUV on the market. With the rear seats down, you can fit a 4 by 8 plywood sheet flat between the wheel wells. To have this in a luxury vehicle engineered by Acura makes this a no-brainer. If you want an SUV for the real world, buy an MDX. IF you want a rather useless hood ornament to impress your neighbors or prop up a low self image, buy an X5 or an RX300.

Car-like ride, storage space, third row of seats.

On-board computer screen on console is space that could be better used.

Experience with my 2001 Silver MDX
By newbie2001

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Always gets a lot of glances, on and off the road. Several people comes up to me to compliment my choice of vehicle. Impressive vehicle, never regretted my purchase. Am also continually upgrading, just recently added new body side moulding to my 2001 silver MDX.

- back seat rows fold down flat on the floor for more cargo space - right side mirror moves automatically when backing out - anti-glare night back mirror - over-all elegant look inside and outsiede the vehicle.

- full size spare instead of compact - front air deflector (Acura OEM) area is difficult to clean

Not a Truck!
By Andy M

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent road performance, especially on mountain roads where it is fun! Was considering the Sequoia, but the Sequoia drives like a (well designed) truck and has the interior design feel of a lower level vehicle. The more I drive the Acura, the more pleased I am. The BMW would have been nice, but not at the price and with one less row of seats. The dealer we bought from was outstanding, but another we tried were like sharks.

Basically the road handling combined with seating for 7

Minor tweaks to ergonomics, eg Sunroof switch location.

Best SUV in its Class
By abdiver

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exceeds expectations. Car is easy to drive, has good performance, and is versatile. Compare to competitors vehicles has very few problems for a first year car. Reliability has been excellant thus far. We looked at BMW (fun to drive but cargo area non existent ), Mercedes (3rd row seating doesn't cut it), Lexus RX 300 (nice but too small), and Chevrolet Tahoe (Reliability history). The MDX took all the features we wanted and liked, and integrated them in a seamless well designed, safe, and reliable vehicle.

Navigation System, 3rd row seat, memory seats, attention to details such as passenger mirror tilting when in reverse and windshield wipers wiping when you release the brake pedal after stopping when wiper is in the delay mode.

Quieter ride, get rid of the soft switch climate controls, sound system needs help, could use a little more power.

• SUV