Used 2002 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

MDX is Best All-around SUV
By imbuer

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping all the others for over 6 months, we decided on the Base MD-X (2002). We almost bought an X5 4.4, but it is too costly and no where near enough room, (and the 3.0 doesn't have enough power). After almost a year of ownership, we like it even more than we thought we would. Incredibly smooth and effortless power/torque, great gas mileage (up to 26 average on highway), pretty good handling (but not quite as good as X5), and plenty of room for hauling, tailgating, etc. The base sound system is more than adequate, and by buying the Base MD-X instead of Touring, you make up some for paying close to MSRP.

Torque/Power, gas mileage, room, easy to service, good long-distance runner, easy on the eyes.

Brake assist, Traction control & Tire pressure monitor should be added standard or available as options. (Stability control is supposed to be added for 2003.)

Just the Best
By prl

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Simply the best and not a lot of hype. Everything they said is true and thats what really counts anyway.

Acura MDX - Best Value
By Silvia Suttle

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared all Mid-sized SUV's and the Acura MDX was the best value. I waited for about a year before finally getting the MDX and it was definately worth the wait. I love my car!!

My favorite features are the third row seat and the back seat AC controls!

MDXcellence
By Scott Flood

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my MDX for 2 years and have loved it. This vehicle is so big on the inside and still fun to drive. You can handle it with ease in a parking lot or a winding road. Better gas mileage than many cars. I have even seen 29.5 mpg on a couple of highway trips. Usually 24-25 mpg on hgwy. I have had it on dirt roads and fire trails as well as family trips with golf clubs and gear for six. This vehicle is great. Bigger second row than Tahoe and easier to get in and out.

The whole package

power passenger seat on base model

Accura will also be my next car
By chow-chow

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had owned 4 american cars before, they gave me a lot of mechanic problems. Inspite of a lot bad commends about this MDX, I think this is the BEST car I ever own. I got no problems with the engine so far.

3th row sit!