2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews 18

2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Excellent SUV
By MDXOwner on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV w/ loads of room, great horsepower, and tons of options! Couldn't ask for a better SUV!

Total Package!
By Tiger Lady on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is everything I had expected! During the business week, it's perfect for taking colleagues and clients to lunch. On the weekends, it's perfect for hauling my two large labrador retrievers, golf clubs and bicycle! The MDX is definitely a total package.

Best luxury SUV available!
By mdxmd on 03/17/02 00:54 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a car, but like most other SUVs, it's a bit underpowered for the amount of weight it has to haul around.

great car
By dade on 03/16/02 14:31 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is the bbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssstttttttt

i want another
By mdxking on 03/13/02 21:23 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't belive i waited 5 months for the vehicle, but it was worth the wait. The standered features are unbelivable. I never thought i would use the navigation system, but it is a lifesaver i don't have to get out and ask for directions.(male thing) After my brother saw my vehicle he went and ordered one to. he only has to wait 3 months.(no fair) Life goes on.

Gret Vehicle
By frodo on 03/13/02 12:32 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun vehicle...enjoying it greatly

Couldn't be happier
By suvman87 on 03/11/02 17:53 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a sedan. Its roomy and the rear seat folds flat for lots of storage space. Excellent fuel economy so far, averaging about 20 mpg. Outstanding navigation system. Easy to use. Also very good acceleration with the 240 hp engin.

Worth the wait!
By Burbanlover on 03/07/02 14:01 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As my "alias" implies I drive a Suburban, while I traded my wife's '98 Discovery in for the new MDX. Although we waited for five months, the vehicle was worth it. It's road mannerisms are more car-like than an SUV but can accommodate more than four people (15 total when adding the Suburban's capacity). All joking aside, as a parent, I am increasingly discouraged by sedan manufactures turning rear seats into "buckets" reducing their effective capacity by one.

Really nice SUV
By oceansix on 03/06/02 20:10 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best vehicle that I have ever owned. Lots of cargo space. Good fuel mileage and range considering how powerful the engine is. Great AWD system for driving on wet or icy asphalt roads. Excellent turning radius. I like the ride and I find the seats to be comfortable. Can tow up to 4,500 pounds (boat) or 3,500 pounds if any other type of trailer towed, but requires the addition of transmission and power steering fluid coolers.

Disappointed
By Hench on 03/05/02 22:33 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 6 months, had to bring back at 350 & 1500 mls for noisy front end. It appears it's inherent to the X. Wind noise, tail gate slight bend and e-brake doesn't hold without extreme pressure. I'm disappointed with the build quality. It wasn't worth the wait. Make sure to take a good test drive if you can. I do love the look, the interior layout and it does cruise very nice on the highway, but at $44K delivered, knowing what I know now, I don't think I would buy again with these problems.