Used 2002 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Good car for the price
By first acura

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did not like the look of Pilot. Needed 7seats. Don't want truck based SUV's because don't really need off road capability(just rough road cap. is fine). Fullsize is too bulky and cumbersome. Volvo is expensive and has questionable reliability. ===========> Acura MDX was my choice.

Favorite Features

3rd row seat, memory seats, powerful engine, quiet ride, standard 17inch wheels.

Suggested Improvements

better interior material, Three memory settings for seats instead of two, cut cost further by eliminating rear locking diff, sunroof switch location is bad, Make all windows one touch operatable both up and downward with pinch protection. In other words, learn from BMW's.

Redrock Pearl
By jatharp

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best SUV I have ever driven. There is absolutly nothing I can find wrong with it.

Favorite Features

Navigation system,speed control wipers, tip down rearview mirror

Suggested Improvements

Be able to buy without third seat

better than the more prestigious names
By bjg

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned and Explorer, Grand Cherokee and an X5 before buying this one. It drives extremely well on and off road, provides luxury and utility in large doses and has a great sound system. There is also the added benefit of Acura (Honda) quality and I haven't even had a small rattle yet.

Favorite Features

6 disc in dash CD changer

Suggested Improvements

On-board computer screen space could be used a bit better.

I'll buy another
By ReiverToo

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car...er,truck...er,SUV. I've owned it 2 yrs & have found nothing that I seriously dislike & a whole bunch that's great. I live in the So.Cal. mountains & spend a lot of driving time on curvy, up & down roads. The MDX handles super. It is fun & stable to drive. On ice & snow the AWD really comes through. It has an amazing amount of interior space considering the outside appearance. The biggest negative with the vehicle is the dealer network. Having owned two MB's and two Lexi, I've become spoiled by excellent service. Acura dealerships(I've been to three)are about on a par with Ford. Not what you expect of a supposed luxury nameplate.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating. Excellent handing. Third row seating (for kids and grandkids). Navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system, although very good, needs a better database and method of finding businesses (I dare you to find a local Home Depot)

X5 Beatter
By maxw

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had an extrordinary experience with my MDX. The ride is excellent and the most features are convenient. I have not been able to get the home link to work with my garage door opener, but otherwise it has been great. The only bad thing to say is the Acura dealiships know they have a good car and are sometimes a little arrogant.

Favorite Features

Navagation system has come in real handy and easy to use in comparison to some of the others I have seen.

Suggested Improvements

In addition to direct and easy as options, the navagation system should have an option for shortest distance. Often the direct route turns out to be the furthest.