2002 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Pure excellence
By RocinRob on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say, buying my New Acura MDX was a smart decision. I paid more than sticker and I would do it again. This SUV drives like a car, handles rough roads in NYC with ease and dosen't toss me around like the competition does.

Excellence
By BoosHound on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has outdone themselves! The recent (and moderate) design changes clearly state that Acura has made a superior SUV with little room for improvement!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooper!
By rrk on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just love this vehicle. I just called around and got this vehicle in 2 days time. I test drove atleast 4 times on highways and local roads. I also tried Lexus RX300 and did'nt like it. MDX matched all my requirements!!!!!!!!

188 MDX
By megabuck2 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a chance for a long drive from the SF area to L.A and comfort and driveability was excellent. Engine was strong in passing as well as climbing the "Grapevine". The seats were comfortable during the 6+ hours of driving. HVAC was set and forgotten and kept the cabin nice a cool, navigation system helped to find my hotel. Bose system, I enjoyed it immensely during the trip. However, it seems the radio was weak in getting and holding onto radio signals. The road noise was kept to minimum but the wind noise was annoying. It was not "LOUD" but loud enough force me to turn the volume up on the stereo to enjoy Eric Clapton.

Great
By daniel on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great vehicle

great SUV
By mjm on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this drives like a car and has great storage space. I love the 50/50 3rd row sheet my son rides back ther and I still have room to carry stuff.

Happy, but...
By WeWantMoreMPG on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we're happy with the vehicle. Our only complaint is we're averaging 16 MPG. Its rated 17-23....Where's the love? Anyone else having this problem?

hate the ac
By driverx on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

n/a

My Acura MDX Road Trip
By J Nystrom on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a trip to California in my new '02 MDX. Car handled extremely well, passed most other cars going over 10,000 ft Colorado passes. Extremely comfortable front and middle, a little cramped in third row. At 75 MPH, still has a lot of additional passing power, and is very solid on snow/ice. Very good visibility all around and roomy with third row seats folded down. Gas mileage on trip ranged from around 18 to 22 MPH. Extremely happy with this car.

The best SUV
By thollerb on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would love driving a sport ute. Fun to drive, 20 mpg gas milage, the best value for the money. If you are considering a sport ute, don't look past this one.