Used 2002 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

2002 MDX Touring Nav
By valandshark

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a wonderful SUV. Good acceleration and car-like handling. Lots of versitility with the third row seating. The only suggestion I'd give Acura would be to have a bit more storage space behind the third seats (almost none when the seats are in use). I test drove all of the competition and it blew them all away, and has lived up to my expectations.

I'd have to say the favorite features is the excellent Acura/Honda build quality. The materials are very well put together, and the vehicle has a very tight feel.

Give them away to people who love them as much as I do (hint hint hint).

MDXcellent
By 2002 Black MDX

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're very pleased with the MDX, it it spacious, well designed and extremely comfortable to drive. The 240 hp engine provides excellent fuel economy and enough power to handle any driving conditions. Can't wait to try it in the mountains this coming winter.

The trip computer/control center screen is well placed and provides great information. Front seats are very comfortable, adjust easily and are heated.

The vehicle will roll back on a hill when releasing the brake pedal, this can be alarming the first few times. Would suggest "hill hold" feature as offered by Subaru.

Great SUV
By MRH

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have used this vehicle to haul large items long distances on the roof; to carry home improvement items and landscaping materials; and to carry the family 5000 miles on vacation. There isn't a better, more reliable vehicle on the market.

Reliability, build quality, utility, power

Liberty loves it!
By ladylib

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX was not without inital minor problems (the thud, the weeping mirrors) but both problems were resolved by Acura and the dealership. Hubby was recently in a 50mph freeway crash in our MDX, and while our vehicle is pronbably totalled, he wasn't. This vehicle has earned it's admirably high safety rating - it did what it was designed to do and I'm grateful. Those foks at Acura build an awewsome egg crate. We're not looking elsewhere - we're just planning on replacing our damaged MDX with a newer model. Thanks Acura!

The gas mileage feature really helped to improve our energy conservation. I also loved the flexibility of the seating options and the color we ahd (granite green.)

The paint is a little soft and even rough hands seem to scratch it a bit. I also wish that there were some side protection to avoid door dings.

Great SUV
By Mct

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Ride, Suprisingly good gas mileage, solid build quality.

• SUV