2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
noisy noisy
By Norick Baboomian on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its a ok suv to have, couldn't wait to buy it. But for a $45k suv I could buy a quieter suv. Lots of wind and road noise. The armrest is not comfortble while driving. Should have waited another year so I can get an improved 2002 model. Acura doesn't take the responsibility to upgrade it, so I am not happy with their service. One of the victims of a first year production car buyr.

Much better than ML320
By maxmax54 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Mercedes ML 320, this car is so far superior to that truck I cannot begin to think of the ways. The many visits to the snotty Mercedes dealer are a thing of the past (thank god!). My MDX is three months old, I had already been back to the Mercedes dealer three times with the ML 320. More room, better interior, quieter AC, no wind noise, no pieces falling off, no comparison!

Sure beats my ML430!
By MarkinOlneyMD on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An amazing vehicle and purchase process. Very professional and well treated by dealership (unlike my former Mercedes dealer -- traded in a 2001 ML 430, which was a piece of junk). My wife learned all of the controls in no time - very logical and well laid out. The most versatile vehicles we're ever owned in terms of flexibility. The salesperson noticed a rip in the leather passenger seat during the delivery process (probably from the mechanic who prep'd the vehicle). Immediately ordered a new seat cover, which was no problem.

Smooth sailing
By smart guy on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after comparing with other SUV's. I particularly liked the ride quality and luxure amenities vs. other SUV's I drove. Acura has put together a nice blend of funtionality and luxury.

MDX The Cross Over SUV
By krc21756 on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The wait was long (3 months) but well worth it.Visibility is excellant. No blind spots. Handling is supurb. Body lean is minimal as is nosedive when braking. The power is awesome. 240 HP 245ft-lbs @3000 rpm. 80mph @ around 2000rpm.0 to 60 in 8 seconds not bad for something that weighs 4300lbs. 16- 17 mpg city driving! This is the SUV to copy and manufacturers are. The upcoming Volvo XC-90, The Porche Cayenne. The Honda Pilot. Improvements can be made and I'm sure they're working on it. Quaility is what you would expect from a luxury vehicle especially when the build only 40,000 units a year. The automotive industry is finally getting interesting again after years of stagnating.

acura
By tsukruk on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

excellent car with character, nice design, excellent driving habits, very useful for trips and other

overall an excellent car
By Anna and Peter on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2 year old loves being in the car; it's just so smooth and comfortable.

Wife's Car
By GRuss on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 15 years my wife has driven a couple of different SUV's and she says she'll stay with the MDX. Handles great in snow and ice. Smooth on the highway.

Excellent
By Gunnabe G.Garces on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best car in the world

Pure excellence
By RocinRob on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say, buying my New Acura MDX was a smart decision. I paid more than sticker and I would do it again. This SUV drives like a car, handles rough roads in NYC with ease and dosen't toss me around like the competition does.