2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
I have better cars.
By Barry on 04/21/10 13:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We currently have 133,000 miles. We have replaced far too many things to say this is a used car best buy. The tranny went at 99k, motor mounts at 110k, wheel bearings at 99k, shocks and struts at 115k, rear heater stopped working at 80k, it's starting to rust in the wheel wells and the list goes on. The motor mounts and tranny are a known issue on these cars. RECALL IT! Dealer said to me "Hey, you got your use out of them". I didn't realize parts expired..

2002 Acura MDX
By Mad in Big D on 07/16/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an MDX. The transmission died within 30 days! 4500.00 to fix! NO MORE ACURAS for me. And, it is the SECOND time! First replacement was in 2004

Best mid-size suv on the market period!!
By Mickey on 06/15/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The styling, features, performance capabilities on this vehicle was everything I could have hoped for. Driving the MDX you feel like your in control of the road. It hugs the turns like a race car. The MDX is sporty, safe, and very roomy inside. I love my MDX!!

Very Happy
By WeTwo on 11/26/07 11:38 AM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After five years we still love this car. It has been totally reliable, handles well, has sufficient power for freeway driving and has a surprisingly tight turning radius for its size. Last, but not least, this MDX has extremely comfortable seating in the front and second row (we have never used the 3rd row). We would recommend it highly. We expect ours to be carrying us around for many years to come.

decent car...Terrible transmission
By JohnA.Feer on 04/15/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a good car short term. After my second year owning this car a bunch of lights came up on the dashboard. After getting it checked, weeks later the transmission starting to fail. acura has honda products including the transmission, and honda is known for the worst transmission. The car starting bucking and did not get into gear, and would have trouble reversing. Very comfy, nice options, but just bad transmission, and sunroof.

Worth the wait
By KYShredder on 04/23/05 07:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 5 months for delivery, and wasn't disappointed. It is the perfect blend of sport, utility & luxury. Pickup is quick, handling precise yet comfortable. I've had 7 passengers in it for short treks without complaints. Also, I've had 4x8 sheets of drywall in it - they lie flat! It's not so luxurious that you are scared to mess it up. The wife and I fight over driving it. It isn't as luxurious as a Lexus. Suggested improvements are 'nits'. With the value and performance, cannot understand why anyone would waste money on any other SUV in this class. II'd buy another!

Still a winner
By PCH on 12/02/04 23:11 PM (PST)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car delivers as promised. There's a reason why it continued to win editors choice awards after 3 years. Interior design is good, could be a bit more luxurious. Gas mileage excellent under 70 MPH (23.5 MPG highway on my last trip - awesome for a mid-sized suv!). Minor build quality issues; back of drivers seat broke off, cup holder latch needed to be replaced. Like that they used to be rare on the road

stuck wt. transmission woes ???
By tfit on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased our mdx after having 3 odysseys.The main objective was to move into a high quality, performance suv. Honda was always great to us when service was required on our vans. Now the problem....our mdx is having a 1500 rpm transmission shutter. it has 42000 miles. By doing proper research I know it will need a transmission. it has the same transmission probems as some hondas( that honda will cover to 100,000 miles).So far acura is doing warranty to 50,000 miles.Acura is playing games with customers and treating problems case by case , as not to tarnish the acura image by hidding its real problems from the public.

Great SUV!
By unc028 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a fun to drive, lots of cargo room or people room, with the capability of 4WD suv, this is the suv. It has so much cargo room with the second row seats folded down, plus it has a 3rd row in the back to let to more people sit. All I can say it is the best suv I've ever had!

Very Dissapointing for $40K!
By RedMDX on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For $40K this has been a dissapointment to say the least...even if it cost $30K we'd be dissapointed....it's spent way too much time in the shop and there are still many things that the dealership says are normal, but they sure are annoying. We've had to have the entire VTM (4 wheel drive system) replaced..now the tranny is being recalled! 2 other minor recalls as well. Tires are shot at 30K! gas mileage at 16/18 vs. window of 18/23...and we are easy drivers. Used to get 16/18 out of full sized V-8 Chevy Tahoe and on regular gas!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »