2001 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Great Vehicle

2001 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Great Vehicle
By Great Vehicle on

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 168,000 miles on this MDX with virtually no problems, except 1. Two years ago, the Torque Converter went out. The dealer indicated that it would cost about $5,000 to repair unless Acura stepped. The dealer, Butler Acura in Ashland, Oregon contacted Acura and asked about it. Acura agreed to replace the entire transmission and torque converter (new, not rebuilt) if I would cover the labor cost. The car had 132,000 miles on it at the time. That is standing behind a car. The warranty was only for 100,000 miles, but they felt it should not have gone out, so they replaced it. The car does have a bit more road noise than I would like, but otherwise is a great performer!

Acceleration is good, mph is not bad at 18 in town and 20 on the road. Sound system is ok. Solid performer overall, and virtually problem free. This is more vehicle than the comparable Lexus RX300. We have one of each and I prefer the MDX.

Reduced road noise, automatic on/off on the headlights. Otherwise, it is virtually perfect as far as I am concerned.