2001 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Acura MDX - Transmission ISSUE

2001 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Acura MDX - Transmission ISSUES - BEWARE!!!
By acura_issues on

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to be a fan of Acura until I purchased an Acura MDX and ran into ALL KINDS of Power Transmission issues. I'm not the type of person who is a "complainer", but believe me when I tell you that Acura is having all kinds of issues with the torque converters on their transmission. Most of the time, the issues show up right after the warranty. The dealership (McGrath Acura) will give you the run around and have you contact the Acura Customer Care 1-800 #. Once you do that, if you complain loud enough they will assign you to a District Manager who will do absolutely nothing to satisfy you. If you're smart, do a simple Google Search on Acura transmission issues and see what comes up. You will be amazed by the number of complaints that loyal Acura customers have regarding Transimission issues

Acura should learn how to build a transmission that doesn't need to be replaced right after the warranty. With a transmission replacement cost of $6,500....there are many other quality car choices MUCH BETTER than this one. Do a simple Google Search and find all of the issues involved with the torque converters on this model. Do yourself a favor, and avoid purchasing an ACURA MDX!!!!
By acurafan8
on 12/30/11 13:46 PM (PST)

Interesting... I experienced the same situation. 2001 MDX from McGrath Acura. I needed a new transmission and torque converter just over 100,000 miles. McGrath offered to fax my issues over to corporate but they only offered to pay less than 1000 of the 7,000 bill- even with all my service business for 10 years. Combine that with broken engine mounts, I will NEVER buy Acura again!