2001 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Still Getting Asked How I Like It
By 2MINPINS on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many Honda cars and am so glad I returned to the Honda family. The solid build quality of the MDX makes it a comfortable pleasure to drive whether to and from work or on long trips. The vehicle's performance many times lets me forget I am driving an SUV and not a sportscar.

Just My Opinion
By Joy K on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Real happy with the look and reliability of the MDX. Wish it didn't need premium fuel. Get lots of compliments on it wherever we go. I think it has too much interior noise, but I think that got improved in 2002.

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By claire1 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 25,000 miles, I still like the MDX more each day. It's comfortable, powerful, versatile (because of the 3d row seats). The handling is wonderful, and the controls are convenient to use. It's excellent in the snow. The leather is holding up well. It's a perfect car for my family--we have 2 preteen kids. There are plenty of cupholders and lots of room for their friends. A great car.

My Review
By Paul314159 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, but the windshield sometimes "sings" at high speeds.

MDXcellant
By dec on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my MDX for 30,0000 miles and 23 months. I am completely satisfied with my decision to purchase it. I disagree with Pete, above. I think the interior is simple and elegant. There is nothing "cheap" about it. The workmanship is equal the Lexus and better than the German competition.

Best SUV Available
By Acura enthusiast on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped the RX300 and X5 along with the MDX (excluded the ML320 because of reported reliability horrors). For the price, the other two couldn't compare. Although I heard stories about price- gouging and rude dealer behavior, my experience at Jeffrey Acura in Roseville, Michigan was perfect. Since obtaining it, I have gone on several road trips, endured two winters, and moved to a new state. The MDX performed perfectly in all conditions and can really haul a load of stuff! This is my 7th Acura, but not my last.

The Perfect Vehicle
By David O'Brien on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has it all. While it is technically a SUV, it handles and is as comfortable as a car. I call it the perfect vehicle because it suits all. It seats 7 very comfortably without being too big, it has plenty of power with excellent gas mileage. Plus, it is an Acura which will have excellent reliability and resale.

buy it you will like it
By bp on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best SUV I have ever been in! More I drive it the more that I like it. More I ride in other peoples SUVs the more I like mine. HOMER

I thought there could be no 10's ! ! !
By Bill Gray on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been as much fun to drive on twisting roads as my 82 Porsche 944!!! I have over 37,000 miles in just over 15 months. I love to drive it everwhere we go.

My MDX
By pgweiss on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX. The interior is great and the ride is great. One of the best features ins the navigation system, and of course the way the car looks.