Used 2001 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

MDX- dependable and fun
By Debbie

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was one of the earliest MDX buyers in our area. I love my MDX! It has been dependable, comfortable and low maintenance. I put a lot of mileage on yearly and have been thrilled with the vehicle! I am now first in line for the new RDX and am anxiously awaiting its arrival! I hope it is as good as my MDX (but with the kids grown up and out, I no longer need a 7 passenger car). I highly recommend the MDX!

navi system, comfortable and versatile seating, dependable!

the sideview mirrors trap water and leave streaks when you have just washed it and drive away!

love my mdx
By MDX

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mdx has proven to be the best suv and best car I have ever owned. It handles like a small car and can turn on a dime. Great for hauling the kids to soccer practice and school. More than just roomy but comfortable too. Great CD player, six disk, with 12 speakers. Kids love to ride in the car. I had the first in our area and people were always asking about the car. Neat middle information screen, TV like. Looking forward to the 2007 model that is when I will be buying my new MDX

Love the comfortable seats and handling. Always feel like I'm riding in comfort.

Wouldn't mind if the exterior was a bit more attractive.

Used car lemon .....
By voytekwp

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Toyota 4Runner & Land Cruiser for two MDX (for me and my wife). What a mistake. After 50-60k I need to repair or replace: two transmissions (recall), front struts, 3 times SRS systems components, front damper springs (recall), EGR valve (recall). This 2001 MDX is a lemon and Acura Client Department is no help .

memory seats

better reliability

wow, what a great SUV!
By Ric

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned an SUV since way before they weere called SUVs and this Acura MDX is a thing of beauty, style and performance. The Jeep Cherokee leaked oiil after 3 years and quit running whenever it felt like it, the S-10 Blazer was ok, but was under powered and nearly roled me over when I got T- boned from someone doing about 15 MPH. The Rodeo was about to trash it's transmission after only 55,000 miles of pampered use, blah, blah. This MDX is peppy, stylish and rides like a dream.

This MDX is peppy, stylish and rides like a dream.

None. Love it like it is!

Best Luxury SUV
By lbclagett

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2001 MDX and Love it. It has all the features and a great price. It is a perfect daily driver and road trip car. It was my first of many.

Interior leather, drives like a sports car, third row seats are very great.

It could use more power. A supercharged or turbo package would hit the spot.