2001 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Excellent X
By hopper2g on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2000. Nothing but praise for Acura and this vehicle ever since. Our family has really enjoyed the MDX. There is plenty of room for all passengers and their gear while keeping them comfortable and safe. Still amazed by the sheer volume of interior room compared to the outside size. We get 25 MPG on the highway and its ULEV.

My First SUV
By SDS828 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove and personally rated about a half dozen mid-sized SUVs in fall 2000. Selected MDX over others for basically 3 reasons - best/most useable room for hauling (make 16-20 trips/year of 600-800 miles carrying lots; hauling stuff in-town), ULEV rating, and best value compared to others driven. Perspective - previous car Toyota MR2!

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By dsippin on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are complaetely satified with our MDX. A perfect mix between luxury car and useful SUV. Handles great, extremely comfortable, and quiet. I think the milage is great for a vehicle of this size- it gets over 22 mpg highway. Also, we do use the Nav system all the time- a great system! The only thing I miss is that low-end punch you get from a V-8. Definitely not the last one we will buy.

Love the MDX
By Gillian on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 4 months for my dream MDX and I'm pleased with it. Minor issues-- the steering wheel radio controls have been repaired/replaced twice and still don't work right. Not keen on the sheer amount of bass coming out of the sound system either. Car handles well in all weather and road conditions. It's a heavy vehicle so it's not as nimble as some similar size SUVs but it's solid, stable, and dependable. Vehicle holds 7 people easily although the third row is not comfy for anyone over 5 foot. Overall, one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

I'm Happy
By Bronx Bomber on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX rides pretty smoothly. Also has decent pickup. I think the handling is decent. Purposely drove it at a high rate of speed to test braking and maneuverability. Although lane change is not as smooth as in a car. It is a lot smoother than most other trucks I have driven.(Rx300,Chevy Blazer, Pathfinder and a Passport) Of course I don't recommend anyone trying this. One complaint. I was told that on hills the MDX had some sort of mechanism to help stop roll back. I was on a (not so) steep hill earlier and I happen to take my foot of the brake. Immediately the truck began to roll backwards down the hill. SO much for that anti roll back feature.

Acura MDX - 2001
By jjt1234 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic car - styling and features and ride are awesome

Great Vehicle Lousy Service
By al's mdx on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle excellent is spite of dealers lousy service and rip offs.

Don't believe me go for a Test Drive
By Cav Man on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Go drive them all Envoy, Pathfinder, Explorer,etc and then drive a MDX. After you drive the MDX you will say "why did I waste all that time". A great vehicle that speaks for itself-- power,looks, room & fuel economy.

HappyOwner
By HappyinNOLA on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from an Audi convertible to the MDX and I am so happy that I didn't give up any of the quality and luxury that I was used to. I'd heard of the Honda/Acura quality and I am constantly complimented on the style and luxury of the car.

Best SUV I've owned
By srs on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't be happier. This vehicle has been a joy to own and drive. Its flexibilty is wonderful. I have not had single problem with this SUV. I had a Land Rover previously and had numerous issues with that vehicle.