2001 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great Car
By Pilot 11 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car that I have ever owned.

SUV for Smart buyers not for name seeker
By Acurate Rating on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a vehicle for someone who cares about the quality (and by quality I mean the Consumer Reports, the reliability, the high resale, the inexspensive replacement parts, the excellent highway safety reviews) of a vehicle and not the logo on the hood. If you want to impress the Joneses, buy a BMW or a Mercedes, but if you want a car that's leaps-and-bounds above those names, get this one.

2001 Acura MDX
By MDX driver on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has been an excellent vehicle. A faulty master cylinder had to be replaced under warranty but otherwise has been extremely reliable.

lots of problems
By always at shop on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my acura had a faulty gas tank (could only pump .10 cents of gas at a time) that to my knowledge is the only one ever totally replaced and had to have roof liner taken out the first week to fix "chirping" in the sunroof. since then, have had lots of smaller issues- noises when braking, FOUR front dash vents have fallen out, transmission problems at 38-42 mph., and popping behind glove box.

Don't get Black
By aylien on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our car is great it has been on many road trips. It seems to be holding up well. The only complaint I have it the exterior dents very easily and the black paint scratches easily. Some scratches are unavoidable with black, but Honda black never seems to keep it's luster for very long. I was hoping they would use a better paint on the Acura but it is the same as our Honda. I have a black BMW and it does not look as bad as the MDX. It seems to be holding up in every other way. Great vehicle!

Best Mid-Size Luxury SUV on the Market
By MDX Lover on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my MDX for just over two years now logging 39,000 miles. Before I purchased it, I looked at all the mid-size luxury SUVs available, including BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus--I have not been disappointed in my selection. It's been a teriffic vehicle--comfortable, powerful, efficient, reliable, versatile and stylish (conservatively so). I have owned Acura/Honda vehicles for more than twenty years now and will continue to own them as long as they continue to offer the same performance and reliability.

MDX is TIGHT
By ifetayo on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall performance and value for the price, is awesome compared to its competitors.

It's a Perfect 10
By Dinah on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Long or short trips, this car is so comfortable, whether driving or just riding. We like it so well, we are buying another new one.

Perfect crossover SUV
By miklo714 on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my MDX for 2 years now. I was originally attracted to it because of the amazing price-feature ratio and the excellent test drive I had. You can turn this car completely around in less space than just about all sedans. The MDX accelerates and drives very smoothly - I am always out of stoplights way ahead of other cars and I'm not trying to race or anything, its just natural to go up to 45 in a few seconds in this car.

Love It
By Rorytug on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda has long been known for quality and 2001 filled my dreams when they entered the SUV market in a big way. I was set to purchase a Lexus 300 and am soo glas I had waited the estra year. MDX is dollar for dollar a much better product! The MDX is luxurious, comfortable, powerful and drives like a car with the benefits of the SUV. It's disign is solid with small things like where the Homelink buttons are located set it above.