2001 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
MDX- dependable and fun
By Debbie on 05/31/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was one of the earliest MDX buyers in our area. I love my MDX! It has been dependable, comfortable and low maintenance. I put a lot of mileage on yearly and have been thrilled with the vehicle! I am now first in line for the new RDX and am anxiously awaiting its arrival! I hope it is as good as my MDX (but with the kids grown up and out, I no longer need a 7 passenger car). I highly recommend the MDX!

love my mdx
By MDX on 01/28/06 22:21 PM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mdx has proven to be the best suv and best car I have ever owned. It handles like a small car and can turn on a dime. Great for hauling the kids to soccer practice and school. More than just roomy but comfortable too. Great CD player, six disk, with 12 speakers. Kids love to ride in the car. I had the first in our area and people were always asking about the car. Neat middle information screen, TV like. Looking forward to the 2007 model that is when I will be buying my new MDX

Used car lemon .....
By voytekwp on 11/30/05 01:48 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Toyota 4Runner & Land Cruiser for two MDX (for me and my wife). What a mistake. After 50-60k I need to repair or replace: two transmissions (recall), front struts, 3 times SRS systems components, front damper springs (recall), EGR valve (recall). This 2001 MDX is a lemon and Acura Client Department is no help .

wow, what a great SUV!
By Ric on 07/30/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned an SUV since way before they weere called SUVs and this Acura MDX is a thing of beauty, style and performance. The Jeep Cherokee leaked oiil after 3 years and quit running whenever it felt like it, the S-10 Blazer was ok, but was under powered and nearly roled me over when I got T- boned from someone doing about 15 MPH. The Rodeo was about to trash it's transmission after only 55,000 miles of pampered use, blah, blah. This MDX is peppy, stylish and rides like a dream.

Best Luxury SUV
By lbclagett on 07/20/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2001 MDX and Love it. It has all the features and a great price. It is a perfect daily driver and road trip car. It was my first of many.

Love returning to my MDX after a flight.
By herzjb on 06/29/05 16:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car. I have 60,000 miles on it now. Dealer has fixed second gear under warranty via recall. Ride and performs like a car. Sturdy interior. Plenty of cargo space, cup holders and power outlets. Good entry level sound system.

Saving My life
By Robin S on 06/05/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two days ago I totaled my MDX, hitting a telephone pole head on. Fortunately thanks to a power greater than I and the structure of My MDX, I left without a scratch. I won't drive anything else. I had purchased my 2001 MDX used and loved it. Functions like a minivan, drives like a sports car and has the top of the line luxury that I love. No problems with the car @ 60 plus thousand miles. I look forward to purchasing my next one.

Needs improvements to get me back!
By Nancy on 04/08/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle receives side door dents even with the lightest of touch from other vehicles. Misc. accessories (cap cover for wheel, various interior lights,always needing to be replaced. Material used in interior does not wear well. Spring is trying to protrude through seat back. Poor transmission (been replaced once and may need another). As much as this car costs, interior should hold up better. This is my second Acura--may be my last.

Acura MDX
By Deb on 02/15/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura is the best SUV I've ever owned (I've had 3 different ones). It is very spacious and handles extremely well. I owned an Acura Legend several years ago and these are the best two cars I've ever owned.

MDX Owner
By ACURALOVER on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 3 years; never had a problem even once. It has always been a reliable trusty vehicle. The interior is very comfortable, and the third row seats are pretty roomy (for third-row seats). Cargo carrying capacity is amazing with both the second and third row seats folded flush into the floor.