Loved It
By Decksmooth on
1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan
Overall, I loved this car, but there were a few problems. I bought the car with 45000 miles. The transmission started to go at 92000. I sold it at 102000 and got top $ thanks to Edmunds even though the tranny was bad. One more complaint-- while backing out of the driveway after snowplows had created a small to medium snowbank, the front bumper snapped off completely. The directional lights (located in the bumper) conveniently disconnected with minimal damage The body shop guy told me it was designed to happen that way during head-on collisions. He ordered a new piece to reconnect the bumper & $200 later I was back on the road with the same bumper.
Favorite Features
1st car I ever bought. At 22 yrs old, I was stylin. Every day I'd say, I can't believe I drive this car. I got compliments from everyone on how cool my baby was. The controls were so intuitive. Style, acceleration, handling and Bose stereo was the best stock system I've ever heard.
Suggested Improvements
The powertrain warranty wouldn't cover the tranny at 92000 miles (expires at 90K). I appealed to the warranty division who hears special cases, but they weren't sympathetic at all. A factory rebuild one was $3K-$5K, so I sold it. If not for that I'd still be driving it today.