Used 1995 Acura Legend Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1995 Acura Legend Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

She's a KEEPER !!!!
By Stephanie Joy

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have had by Acura now for 3 yrs & it has about 158k miles. I am a realtor & this car has been soooo reliable & enjoyable. It rides & looks great. I was considering treating myself to something newer like the 2004 Infiniti M45 or 2004 BMW 5 series. However, after reading the reviews I don't know.... I already have a jewel !!

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior bodystyle & interior dash. Luxury with a splash of sportiness! MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you keep up the maintenance (which is low), this car will not fail you.

Suggested Improvements

Two cupholders instead of one!

Ten Years Old....
By harsiese

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend recently and I cannot stay out of it! For a ten year old car, I was surprised at how new it felt. Aside from some slight wear on the driver's seat, I would not be able to tell it's as old as it is. Coworkers keep asking if it's a 2006, which feels nice. Aside from the rough shift from 1st to 2nd gear in the auto trans , which I've been told is how this trans always has worked, it's fine. Except the cupholder [singular!], which also leaves much to be desired. I've always owned American cars, but my mind has definitely been changed. I'm going to drive the wheels off this one, for sure.

Favorite Features

The heated seats and 230hp V6 rock. I like the CD changer, which is something I left off my old car. I know it's not a powerful system, but I'm impressed with how well it plays even the most damaged CDs from my collection.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder! My gosh, I have been used to my American economy car that has cupholders that can hold anything. I have to buy new coffee mugs to carry in this car. And I can only order medium size drinks when ordering out. It's a very small price to pay, though.

Love of my life!
By jasonatl29

1995 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I'm an accountant who makes about $50k a year. The lease on my '99 Accord ended in 6/04 and I was planning on buying an '02 Accord. The dealer had my '95 Legend on the used lot and I fell in love. I bought it with only 62k miles on it and now it has just over 90k. I'll drive it until it dies! This thing is amazing. I want to find another low mileage one to garage until this one wears out...it's that good!

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable. I have one of the rare 5-speed sedans, so performance is awesome. And there's the traditonal Honda low slung driver's position.

Suggested Improvements

Well, it is almost ten years old, so most complaints seem trite. I wish for a better stereo and too bad it missed out on the Honda VTEC wave.

Best Legend ever made
By paganpink

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

With the 230 horse motor and sports suspension this bulltproof reliable Acura will outrun and outhandle anything made in Europe in it's price range and have reliability as well! It has everything from heated seats and moonroof, to 4 wheel ABS, but mainly it is just fun to drive. And if a 525 BMW wants to play...

Favorite Features

Engine, Brakes, cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Bose system even more powerful!

Comfortable and Solid cars
By kingrat

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The car feels solid and sporty. It hugs a turn and has good acceleration. Can notice a big difference between it and other cars such as the accord or camry.

Favorite Features

Memory Seats/Steering wheel settings.

Suggested Improvements

95 is starting to have electrical problems.