Used 1995 Acura Legend Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Most Helpful|
Comfortable and Solid cars
By kingrat

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The car feels solid and sporty. It hugs a turn and has good acceleration. Can notice a big difference between it and other cars such as the accord or camry.

Favorite Features

Memory Seats/Steering wheel settings.

Suggested Improvements

95 is starting to have electrical problems.

The Best Used Sedan on the Market?
By ivorytickler

1995 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Legend L in 2001 with 72K on it and it now shows 126K. All service has been done by Acura, and it has proved the most reliable, durable, fun-to-drive vehicle we've ever owned. Fantastic handling, lots of room, tremendous Bose sound system, very comfortable on the road, and nowhere near the running costs of a Mercedes or BMW (which it will spank on occasion). These cars are now ridiculously inexpensive on the used car market, and many consumers as well as Acura Service Managers insist this is the best car Acura ever made. If you don't know about these cars and are looking for a great used sedan buy, you owe it to yourself to check one out. You won't be disappointed!

Favorite Features

Subtle styling, bullet-proof engine, excellent driving dynamics and interior ergonomics, great Bose sound system, "legend"-ary reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The lower lip of the front bumper is low enough to scrape against parking berms and/or curbs and possibly pull away from its mountings; the good news is, the dealership can easily re-fasten the unit to its original position for a nominal fee...and I wish we'd gotten the LS model with the (standard) heated seats.

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

Favorite Features

The engine on this car is sweet. 230 HP, and incredible response. The manual transmission made this car fun to drive (when it was working). Beyond that, there is very little to recommend the car.

Suggested Improvements

How about some quality control? How about some responsibility for defective parts? The Bose stereo failures were the subject of multiple websites. Not our fault says Acura. The poor paint quality. Replacing a timing belt for 1.2K$ as a regular service item. No thanks. Never again.

Best Legend ever made
By paganpink

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

With the 230 horse motor and sports suspension this bulltproof reliable Acura will outrun and outhandle anything made in Europe in it's price range and have reliability as well! It has everything from heated seats and moonroof, to 4 wheel ABS, but mainly it is just fun to drive. And if a 525 BMW wants to play...

Favorite Features

Engine, Brakes, cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Bose system even more powerful!

This anybody's dream car
By david286

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this same car 4 years ago. I have not been the best owner to it because I have neglected it; however, this is the best car I've owned in my life (I've had many). It's the mixture of luxury and reliability. My family and I love it because it has never given me a major problem. I've changed the radiator on it but that's about it. It's a beautiful and powerful piece of machinery. Buying is one decision that I will never regret!

Favorite Features

Power, seat warmers, adjustable seats, defogger and the fact that both windows and mirrors can be heated to get rid of fog.