Used 1995 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Legend Lover
By 95legnd

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Luxury performance power. I bought mine used @ 174,000. Always dreamed of owning one since I worked at acura dealer when they first came out but they were 40,000+ and I just worked in the parts dept.

Bose stereo, telescoping wheel

355,000 Miles And Still Going
By Loren

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

OK. So what if the air conditioning, the heat and the music no longer work. After 14 years and 355,000 miles this has been the best vehicle ever. It still looks pretty good and is still reliable.

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

The engine on this car is sweet. 230 HP, and incredible response. The manual transmission made this car fun to drive (when it was working). Beyond that, there is very little to recommend the car.

How about some quality control? How about some responsibility for defective parts? The Bose stereo failures were the subject of multiple websites. Not our fault says Acura. The poor paint quality. Replacing a timing belt for 1.2K$ as a regular service item. No thanks. Never again.

A Car Way B4 Its Time
By Pdiddy

1995 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 years ago,it had 75,000 miles on it and now i have 95,000 and it still not broken in. And I'm so sad I have to sell because of my son. Car seats will not fit in the back seats. Otherwise I love this car.

The handle, the style

That premium gas will kill you.

Showing its age.
By Juffowup

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100k on it and am closing in on 200k. By far the best feature is its engine, powerful and rock solid. But my Legend has had a number of sensor/electronic failures, many of which are listed in forums as common failures. Door alarm is erratic, variable speed sensor, interior trunk opener, master window controller, brake sensor, master brake cylinder and A/C have gone out. Both front CV joints have been replaced and the rear brake calipers locked up. I'm thinking of calling it quits on my Legend, but its too old and has no value left.

The 3.2 Type 2 NSX engine is a great performer.

Things go out with age, but it look like Acura engineers put all there time into designing a great engine and neglected the rest of the car.