Used 1995 Acura Legend GS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Head gasket blown twice in 4 years
By Doberman

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2006 when its mileage was 136K. The car had a sensor failure right after I bought it. The dealer was willing to fix it with free labor only. The car just turned 200K. In the past 4 years of ownership, I had replaced head gaskets twice, spending $2K+ each, replaced a control circuit board that failure caused a cable connector melted down. This year the left side ball joint broke and broke the ABS sensor as well. These could have been prevented if I was cautious about the noise I heard while driving the car. Last week, the car was hit at a spot between 2 doors on driver side by a truck. It is a total loss........

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

The engine on this car is sweet. 230 HP, and incredible response. The manual transmission made this car fun to drive (when it was working). Beyond that, there is very little to recommend the car.

How about some quality control? How about some responsibility for defective parts? The Bose stereo failures were the subject of multiple websites. Not our fault says Acura. The poor paint quality. Replacing a timing belt for 1.2K$ as a regular service item. No thanks. Never again.

Showing its age.
By Juffowup

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100k on it and am closing in on 200k. By far the best feature is its engine, powerful and rock solid. But my Legend has had a number of sensor/electronic failures, many of which are listed in forums as common failures. Door alarm is erratic, variable speed sensor, interior trunk opener, master window controller, brake sensor, master brake cylinder and A/C have gone out. Both front CV joints have been replaced and the rear brake calipers locked up. I'm thinking of calling it quits on my Legend, but its too old and has no value left.

The 3.2 Type 2 NSX engine is a great performer.

Things go out with age, but it look like Acura engineers put all there time into designing a great engine and neglected the rest of the car.

She's a KEEPER !!!!
By Stephanie Joy

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have had by Acura now for 3 yrs & it has about 158k miles. I am a realtor & this car has been soooo reliable & enjoyable. It rides & looks great. I was considering treating myself to something newer like the 2004 Infiniti M45 or 2004 BMW 5 series. However, after reading the reviews I don't know.... I already have a jewel !!

Beautiful exterior bodystyle & interior dash. Luxury with a splash of sportiness! MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you keep up the maintenance (which is low), this car will not fail you.

Two cupholders instead of one!

Ten Years Old....
By harsiese

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend recently and I cannot stay out of it! For a ten year old car, I was surprised at how new it felt. Aside from some slight wear on the driver's seat, I would not be able to tell it's as old as it is. Coworkers keep asking if it's a 2006, which feels nice. Aside from the rough shift from 1st to 2nd gear in the auto trans , which I've been told is how this trans always has worked, it's fine. Except the cupholder [singular!], which also leaves much to be desired. I've always owned American cars, but my mind has definitely been changed. I'm going to drive the wheels off this one, for sure.

The heated seats and 230hp V6 rock. I like the CD changer, which is something I left off my old car. I know it's not a powerful system, but I'm impressed with how well it plays even the most damaged CDs from my collection.

The cupholder! My gosh, I have been used to my American economy car that has cupholders that can hold anything. I have to buy new coffee mugs to carry in this car. And I can only order medium size drinks when ordering out. It's a very small price to pay, though.