1995 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Head gasket blown twice in 4 years
By Doberman on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2006 when its mileage was 136K. The car had a sensor failure right after I bought it. The dealer was willing to fix it with free labor only. The car just turned 200K. In the past 4 years of ownership, I had replaced head gaskets twice, spending $2K+ each, replaced a control circuit board that failure caused a cable connector melted down. This year the left side ball joint broke and broke the ABS sensor as well. These could have been prevented if I was cautious about the noise I heard while driving the car. Last week, the car was hit at a spot between 2 doors on driver side by a truck. It is a total loss........

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure on 03/23/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

Showing its age.
By Juffowup on 07/14/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100k on it and am closing in on 200k. By far the best feature is its engine, powerful and rock solid. But my Legend has had a number of sensor/electronic failures, many of which are listed in forums as common failures. Door alarm is erratic, variable speed sensor, interior trunk opener, master window controller, brake sensor, master brake cylinder and A/C have gone out. Both front CV joints have been replaced and the rear brake calipers locked up. I'm thinking of calling it quits on my Legend, but its too old and has no value left.

She's a KEEPER !!!!
By Stephanie Joy on 12/29/05 16:16 PM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have had by Acura now for 3 yrs & it has about 158k miles. I am a realtor & this car has been soooo reliable & enjoyable. It rides & looks great. I was considering treating myself to something newer like the 2004 Infiniti M45 or 2004 BMW 5 series. However, after reading the reviews I don't know.... I already have a jewel !!

Ten Years Old....
By harsiese on 12/22/05 14:27 PM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend recently and I cannot stay out of it! For a ten year old car, I was surprised at how new it felt. Aside from some slight wear on the driver's seat, I would not be able to tell it's as old as it is. Coworkers keep asking if it's a 2006, which feels nice. Aside from the rough shift from 1st to 2nd gear in the auto trans , which I've been told is how this trans always has worked, it's fine. Except the cupholder [singular!], which also leaves much to be desired. I've always owned American cars, but my mind has definitely been changed. I'm going to drive the wheels off this one, for sure.

Best Legend ever made
By paganpink on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

With the 230 horse motor and sports suspension this bulltproof reliable Acura will outrun and outhandle anything made in Europe in it's price range and have reliability as well! It has everything from heated seats and moonroof, to 4 wheel ABS, but mainly it is just fun to drive. And if a 525 BMW wants to play...

Driving pleasure
By gs4amg on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was well-maintained by the previous owner, and had low mileage. It is one of the few six-speeds made in 95. Acceleration and handling are outstanding. For highway driving the fuel economy (28 mpg) is terrific. The interior leather shows wear. Were it not for the absolutely horrible BOSE stereo in the car, a recall candidate if there ever was one, this car would be a 10. It is a wonderful car to drive. My only regret is that I live so close to where I work.

Cannot lose with Legend
By Trav on 02/28/02 17:52 PM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

The Acura Legend is still a desirable car even after 7 years. Build quality is immaculate, reliability top-notch, and performance of the GS is still competitive. A total joy to drive at high speed.