1995 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
This anybody's dream car
By david286 on 07/18/12 10:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this same car 4 years ago. I have not been the best owner to it because I have neglected it; however, this is the best car I've owned in my life (I've had many). It's the mixture of luxury and reliability. My family and I love it because it has never given me a major problem. I've changed the radiator on it but that's about it. It's a beautiful and powerful piece of machinery. Buying is one decision that I will never regret!

Just bought a low-mileage 95 LS for $1800!!!
By blackdynamite1 on 10/13/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is a car you can take pride in! Only 105K. Dark green, looks very elegant. The seats look and feel great. Bose sound still thumps. Wasn't expecting the power tilt & telescoping wheel (Totally Pimp!). Drove with the windows down and stepped on the gas. All I heard was SMOOTH! Didn't even hear the smooth! It has an engine, right? Need 100k service at Acura, and a brake and alignment job, but after $500-600, will be like new. Don't hate me because I'm a Legend (Owner)!

The Best Used Sedan on the Market?
By ivorytickler on 03/08/11 06:40 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Legend L in 2001 with 72K on it and it now shows 126K. All service has been done by Acura, and it has proved the most reliable, durable, fun-to-drive vehicle we've ever owned. Fantastic handling, lots of room, tremendous Bose sound system, very comfortable on the road, and nowhere near the running costs of a Mercedes or BMW (which it will spank on occasion). These cars are now ridiculously inexpensive on the used car market, and many consumers as well as Acura Service Managers insist this is the best car Acura ever made. If you don't know about these cars and are looking for a great used sedan buy, you owe it to yourself to check one out. You won't be disappointed!

Head gasket blown twice in 4 years
By Doberman on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2006 when its mileage was 136K. The car had a sensor failure right after I bought it. The dealer was willing to fix it with free labor only. The car just turned 200K. In the past 4 years of ownership, I had replaced head gaskets twice, spending $2K+ each, replaced a control circuit board that failure caused a cable connector melted down. This year the left side ball joint broke and broke the ABS sensor as well. These could have been prevented if I was cautious about the noise I heard while driving the car. Last week, the car was hit at a spot between 2 doors on driver side by a truck. It is a total loss........

Legend Lover
By 95legnd on 10/20/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Luxury performance power. I bought mine used @ 174,000. Always dreamed of owning one since I worked at acura dealer when they first came out but they were 40,000+ and I just worked in the parts dept.

355,000 Miles And Still Going
By Loren on 06/17/09 12:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

OK. So what if the air conditioning, the heat and the music no longer work. After 14 years and 355,000 miles this has been the best vehicle ever. It still looks pretty good and is still reliable.

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure on 03/23/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

Showing its age.
By Juffowup on 07/14/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100k on it and am closing in on 200k. By far the best feature is its engine, powerful and rock solid. But my Legend has had a number of sensor/electronic failures, many of which are listed in forums as common failures. Door alarm is erratic, variable speed sensor, interior trunk opener, master window controller, brake sensor, master brake cylinder and A/C have gone out. Both front CV joints have been replaced and the rear brake calipers locked up. I'm thinking of calling it quits on my Legend, but its too old and has no value left.

Buy it and Never sell it !!
By Best Car ever ! on 10/12/06 13:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Legend LS 4 door in 2000 with 85,000k. Six years later, it now has 207,000. It runs like brand new without any major repairs. I've seen many with over 300k. The steering is as tight as it was the day I bought it. This is the best car I have ever owned and still love it after 6 years. My best suggestion: buy any parts from Acura - the quality is unmatched by a local parts house.

Enduring Beauty
By Rob Smith on 04/28/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Now with 204,000 miles I continue to be amazed with the quiet strength and grace that this car demonstrates at rest and in motion. Routine maintenance still all that is needed and mileage not bad in low to mid 20's. A great highway cruiser or country road hugger. I think I'll just keep it...