1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
The Best Used Sedan on the Market?
By ivorytickler on 03/08/11 06:40 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Legend L in 2001 with 72K on it and it now shows 126K. All service has been done by Acura, and it has proved the most reliable, durable, fun-to-drive vehicle we've ever owned. Fantastic handling, lots of room, tremendous Bose sound system, very comfortable on the road, and nowhere near the running costs of a Mercedes or BMW (which it will spank on occasion). These cars are now ridiculously inexpensive on the used car market, and many consumers as well as Acura Service Managers insist this is the best car Acura ever made. If you don't know about these cars and are looking for a great used sedan buy, you owe it to yourself to check one out. You won't be disappointed!

Love of my life!
By jasonatl29 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I'm an accountant who makes about $50k a year. The lease on my '99 Accord ended in 6/04 and I was planning on buying an '02 Accord. The dealer had my '95 Legend on the used lot and I fell in love. I bought it with only 62k miles on it and now it has just over 90k. I'll drive it until it dies! This thing is amazing. I want to find another low mileage one to garage until this one wears out...it's that good!

Extremely Happy Acura Owner
By EstherRaquel on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I have had my Legend for almost 7 years; drove it off of the showroom floor at just 2 years old w/about 18k miles and all I have had to do to it since then is fill it w/gas and the regular maintenance (tires, brakes, 1 tune-up, 1 light bulb), literally. I love, love, love it and it will be hard when it comes time to trade it in, but know it will be for another Acura, the MDX.

95 Acura Legend Sedan
By dhassell on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I've had excellent service from this car - it now has 130000 miles with only normal service, incl. timing belt. Seem to have transmission overheating problem - no resolution yet. I loved the color - Champagne gold with gold lettering.

LEGEND
By kurzinsky on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

ONE OF A KIND, LEGENDS WILL RUN FOR 300K NO PROBLEM!!!

Loved It
By Decksmooth on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Overall, I loved this car, but there were a few problems. I bought the car with 45000 miles. The transmission started to go at 92000. I sold it at 102000 and got top $ thanks to Edmunds even though the tranny was bad. One more complaint-- while backing out of the driveway after snowplows had created a small to medium snowbank, the front bumper snapped off completely. The directional lights (located in the bumper) conveniently disconnected with minimal damage The body shop guy told me it was designed to happen that way during head-on collisions. He ordered a new piece to reconnect the bumper & $200 later I was back on the road with the same bumper.

LUXURY, QUALITY, VALUE & FUN!
By chipito on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Traveling sales engineer's car, covering the SE USA's varied terrain. It handles the straights, curves, mountain roads and in betweens with no labor. Those 200 horses and independent suspension let me run with cars 2 - 3 times the price. The interior has all the amenities of a luxury car of this vintage - still loving my Acura after three years running...