1995 Acura Legend L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1995 Legend Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Sort Reviews by

This anybody's dream car
By david286

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this same car 4 years ago. I have not been the best owner to it because I have neglected it; however, this is the best car I've owned in my life (I've had many). It's the mixture of luxury and reliability. My family and I love it because it has never given me a major problem. I've changed the radiator on it but that's about it. It's a beautiful and powerful piece of machinery. Buying is one decision that I will never regret!

Favorite Features

Power, seat warmers, adjustable seats, defogger and the fact that both windows and mirrors can be heated to get rid of fog.

Just bought a low-mileage 95 LS for $1800!!!
By blackdynamite1

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This is a car you can take pride in! Only 105K. Dark green, looks very elegant. The seats look and feel great. Bose sound still thumps. Wasn't expecting the power tilt & telescoping wheel (Totally Pimp!). Drove with the windows down and stepped on the gas. All I heard was SMOOTH! Didn't even hear the smooth! It has an engine, right? Need 100k service at Acura, and a brake and alignment job, but after $500-600, will be like new. Don't hate me because I'm a Legend (Owner)!

Favorite Features

Power wheel, auto climate, and dual power seats. The interior is simply the best! More luxurious than Lexus (Yeah, I said it!)

Suggested Improvements

Make the next RL/TL look this classic, but with 6-speed/300HP.

The Best Used Sedan on the Market?
By ivorytickler

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Legend L in 2001 with 72K on it and it now shows 126K. All service has been done by Acura, and it has proved the most reliable, durable, fun-to-drive vehicle we've ever owned. Fantastic handling, lots of room, tremendous Bose sound system, very comfortable on the road, and nowhere near the running costs of a Mercedes or BMW (which it will spank on occasion). These cars are now ridiculously inexpensive on the used car market, and many consumers as well as Acura Service Managers insist this is the best car Acura ever made. If you don't know about these cars and are looking for a great used sedan buy, you owe it to yourself to check one out. You won't be disappointed!

Favorite Features

Subtle styling, bullet-proof engine, excellent driving dynamics and interior ergonomics, great Bose sound system, "legend"-ary reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The lower lip of the front bumper is low enough to scrape against parking berms and/or curbs and possibly pull away from its mountings; the good news is, the dealership can easily re-fasten the unit to its original position for a nominal fee...and I wish we'd gotten the LS model with the (standard) heated seats.

Head gasket blown twice in 4 years
By Doberman

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2006 when its mileage was 136K. The car had a sensor failure right after I bought it. The dealer was willing to fix it with free labor only. The car just turned 200K. In the past 4 years of ownership, I had replaced head gaskets twice, spending $2K+ each, replaced a control circuit board that failure caused a cable connector melted down. This year the left side ball joint broke and broke the ABS sensor as well. These could have been prevented if I was cautious about the noise I heard while driving the car. Last week, the car was hit at a spot between 2 doors on driver side by a truck. It is a total loss........

Legend LS Coupe Still Great after 15 YRS
By ronshelby

1995 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

My 1995 Legend LS Coupe still looks and drives like a new car. No fluid leaks, no problems, and no complaints. Love cruising in it when I'm home. Too bad Honda hasn't ever built a replacement for it. The Legend Coupe is still a great car and the Bose Stereo remains wonderful.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, interior and reliability

Suggested Improvements

More power baby!!!

Legend Lover
By 95legnd

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Luxury performance power. I bought mine used @ 174,000. Always dreamed of owning one since I worked at acura dealer when they first came out but they were 40,000+ and I just worked in the parts dept.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, telescoping wheel

355,000 Miles And Still Going
By Loren

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

OK. So what if the air conditioning, the heat and the music no longer work. After 14 years and 355,000 miles this has been the best vehicle ever. It still looks pretty good and is still reliable.

Never again
By Drive4Pleasure

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this GS with a 6-speed manual from a school teacher who had put 28K miles on the car in 5 years. It had minor cosmetic flaws then. They worsened and were joined by a slew of other system failures. The paint cancer started early. The Bose stereo was total garbage. The windows failed. The power locks failed. The leather (which a leather shop told me was generally awful on Acuras) began cracking. A short developed that caused the battery to drain. One thing after another after another. A disaster. Prior to this I had owned a Prelude that I drove for 14 years with no issues. The Acura was a nightmare, and expensive to drive, insure, and maintain. Never again.

Favorite Features

The engine on this car is sweet. 230 HP, and incredible response. The manual transmission made this car fun to drive (when it was working). Beyond that, there is very little to recommend the car.

Suggested Improvements

How about some quality control? How about some responsibility for defective parts? The Bose stereo failures were the subject of multiple websites. Not our fault says Acura. The poor paint quality. Replacing a timing belt for 1.2K$ as a regular service item. No thanks. Never again.

A Car Way B4 Its Time
By Pdiddy

1995 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 years ago,it had 75,000 miles on it and now i have 95,000 and it still not broken in. And I'm so sad I have to sell because of my son. Car seats will not fit in the back seats. Otherwise I love this car.

Favorite Features

The handle, the style

Suggested Improvements

That premium gas will kill you.

Showing its age.
By Juffowup

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100k on it and am closing in on 200k. By far the best feature is its engine, powerful and rock solid. But my Legend has had a number of sensor/electronic failures, many of which are listed in forums as common failures. Door alarm is erratic, variable speed sensor, interior trunk opener, master window controller, brake sensor, master brake cylinder and A/C have gone out. Both front CV joints have been replaced and the rear brake calipers locked up. I'm thinking of calling it quits on my Legend, but its too old and has no value left.

Favorite Features

The 3.2 Type 2 NSX engine is a great performer.

Suggested Improvements

Things go out with age, but it look like Acura engineers put all there time into designing a great engine and neglected the rest of the car.