Used 1995 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1995 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

This anybody's dream car
By david286

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this same car 4 years ago. I have not been the best owner to it because I have neglected it; however, this is the best car I've owned in my life (I've had many). It's the mixture of luxury and reliability. My family and I love it because it has never given me a major problem. I've changed the radiator on it but that's about it. It's a beautiful and powerful piece of machinery. Buying is one decision that I will never regret!

Favorite Features

Power, seat warmers, adjustable seats, defogger and the fact that both windows and mirrors can be heated to get rid of fog.

Just bought a low-mileage 95 LS for $1800!!!
By blackdynamite1

1995 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This is a car you can take pride in! Only 105K. Dark green, looks very elegant. The seats look and feel great. Bose sound still thumps. Wasn't expecting the power tilt & telescoping wheel (Totally Pimp!). Drove with the windows down and stepped on the gas. All I heard was SMOOTH! Didn't even hear the smooth! It has an engine, right? Need 100k service at Acura, and a brake and alignment job, but after $500-600, will be like new. Don't hate me because I'm a Legend (Owner)!

Favorite Features

Power wheel, auto climate, and dual power seats. The interior is simply the best! More luxurious than Lexus (Yeah, I said it!)

Suggested Improvements

Make the next RL/TL look this classic, but with 6-speed/300HP.

The Best Used Sedan on the Market?
By ivorytickler

1995 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Legend L in 2001 with 72K on it and it now shows 126K. All service has been done by Acura, and it has proved the most reliable, durable, fun-to-drive vehicle we've ever owned. Fantastic handling, lots of room, tremendous Bose sound system, very comfortable on the road, and nowhere near the running costs of a Mercedes or BMW (which it will spank on occasion). These cars are now ridiculously inexpensive on the used car market, and many consumers as well as Acura Service Managers insist this is the best car Acura ever made. If you don't know about these cars and are looking for a great used sedan buy, you owe it to yourself to check one out. You won't be disappointed!

Favorite Features

Subtle styling, bullet-proof engine, excellent driving dynamics and interior ergonomics, great Bose sound system, "legend"-ary reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The lower lip of the front bumper is low enough to scrape against parking berms and/or curbs and possibly pull away from its mountings; the good news is, the dealership can easily re-fasten the unit to its original position for a nominal fee...and I wish we'd gotten the LS model with the (standard) heated seats.

Head gasket blown twice in 4 years
By Doberman

1995 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2006 when its mileage was 136K. The car had a sensor failure right after I bought it. The dealer was willing to fix it with free labor only. The car just turned 200K. In the past 4 years of ownership, I had replaced head gaskets twice, spending $2K+ each, replaced a control circuit board that failure caused a cable connector melted down. This year the left side ball joint broke and broke the ABS sensor as well. These could have been prevented if I was cautious about the noise I heard while driving the car. Last week, the car was hit at a spot between 2 doors on driver side by a truck. It is a total loss........

Legend LS Coupe Still Great after 15 YRS
By ronshelby

1995 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

My 1995 Legend LS Coupe still looks and drives like a new car. No fluid leaks, no problems, and no complaints. Love cruising in it when I'm home. Too bad Honda hasn't ever built a replacement for it. The Legend Coupe is still a great car and the Bose Stereo remains wonderful.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, interior and reliability

Suggested Improvements

More power baby!!!