Used 1994 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Beautiful But Hungry Car
By Kamrul

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in the summer of '05. The milage was 10800 when I bought it. This car is just awesome. Sharp design and very smooth engine. I don't know of any car this old and still drives so smoothly. However, I had to put a lot of money in it. Soon after I bought it, I had to replace the water pump and master cylinder (for brake) after I experienced over heating of the engine plus seal the leak in the rear differential. I also had to replace the shocks/struts as they were worn out. Well, for now the car is giving very good service. Other than spending so much behind the car I'm very with the car. I plan to keep this car until it completely breaks down.

Favorite Features

Engine, interior and exterior design, 4 drive gears (1-2-D3-D4) which I sometimes use to drive like manual car, power seat, pwr and telescope steering, heated mirrors, sunroof, handling. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILAGE!!! Extremely poor gas milage. I'm getting 13 to 14 mpg in new york city and maybe around 20 hwy. But the gas milage should higher. I'd like the 0-60 time to be faster. Transmission shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear isn't very smooth.

Sweet, sweet car
By Bob Rinkel

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

2nd Legend, 1st was a 88 coupe (loved it) that gave 185k spirited, trouble free miles. I have 120k on my GS (AT) and it feels as solid as a tank. At $42k new in 94, it is loaded with high (for 94 and today) technology and qty materials and parts. A few: dual piston front calipers, automatic traction control (really works on Colorado snow), pretensioners on seat belts, knock sensors so you can choose to burn regular (a little less power), excellent auto climate control, distributorless ignition, high qty, durable leather, and other interior material that look near new 11 years later. It's fast and easily moves away from 99% of other cars. It is cheap to keep and a tremendous used car value.

Favorite Features

Sporty, fast, luxurious and remarkably reliable. Looks are classic and hid its true age. Love the look of the spoiler, still the nicest one on the road today.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a cd in the dash rather than the cd changer in the trunk, but the Bose system has a good kick for a factory unit.

Best car I have ever owned
By alvin m

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I purchased in 1997 with 35k miles, it now has 198,000. I just now replaced inner tie rods and front struts. I have had to replace two water pumps and the fuel pump switch. I have the 6 speed transmission. Even with the high mileage, you can barely hear the car idle!

Favorite Features

The six speed transmission

Suggested Improvements

Rust around rear fenders

Legend Rocks
By Jesse

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This is an awesome car. Has the awesome sporty yet luxurious looks, runs great, never had a problem with mine. The interior is like new after so many years. This is built to last

Favorite Features

The Interiour design is great. Spacious,and very luxurious. Rear windwos open.

Suggested Improvements

None....

Wish Acura Still Made Them...!
By cecurr

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 LS Sedan used in 1999 from Acura dealer with 52,000 miles. This is by far the most reliable and best built car I've ever owned or driven. The exterior design is timeless. The body and interior components are fitted superbly. The paint is as good as it gets. I have 101,000 mile on it now and it is as quiet and tight as the day i bought it. I've had to replace the master cylinder, but only routine maintenance aside from that. Great looks and great gas mileage (19 city / 24 highway). Everthing about this car is excellent and reliable. I see why it was named "Legend". I don't understand why Acura dropped it. Every time I drive it, someone asks if I want to see it.

Favorite Features

Exterior body design and fit. Beautiful Taupe color. Solid build quality. Not one rattle, or gap after 11 years. Weatherstripping is like new. Windows, doors, trunk and hood open/close like new. No wind noise. Low and easy maintenance. High Quality interior components.

Suggested Improvements

Better adjustablity on driver and passenger seats. Both a little too low for tall person.