Used 1994 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

What A Car
By Pete

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Came out of an 98 BMW 540i. Bought my Acura with only 65,000 on it in Sept of 06. Haven't looked back yet. What a classic design and the interior looks better and feels better than my BMW. I wish I could have had this car years ago.

I love the handling and the design of exterior and interior.

I wish they made more cupholders back in 1994.

'94 Legend
By ParallaX49

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

An exceptional car. "Precision crafted performance" was completely acurate. This is a car that has lasted my family 12 years and still runs flawlessly. It has seen the garage next to it filled by four different cars over the years, but the Legend outlasted them all.

Hands down the engine. the 3.2L V-6 still pulls hard enough to outrun much newer and more expensive cars with a minimum of fuss.

The only downside to this car is the four-speed automatic. The car would be much better served with a more agressively geared 5-speed.

Beautiful But Hungry Car
By Kamrul

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in the summer of '05. The milage was 10800 when I bought it. This car is just awesome. Sharp design and very smooth engine. I don't know of any car this old and still drives so smoothly. However, I had to put a lot of money in it. Soon after I bought it, I had to replace the water pump and master cylinder (for brake) after I experienced over heating of the engine plus seal the leak in the rear differential. I also had to replace the shocks/struts as they were worn out. Well, for now the car is giving very good service. Other than spending so much behind the car I'm very with the car. I plan to keep this car until it completely breaks down.

Engine, interior and exterior design, 4 drive gears (1-2-D3-D4) which I sometimes use to drive like manual car, power seat, pwr and telescope steering, heated mirrors, sunroof, handling. Fun to drive.

GAS MILAGE!!! Extremely poor gas milage. I'm getting 13 to 14 mpg in new york city and maybe around 20 hwy. But the gas milage should higher. I'd like the 0-60 time to be faster. Transmission shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear isn't very smooth.

Sweet, sweet car
By Bob Rinkel

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

2nd Legend, 1st was a 88 coupe (loved it) that gave 185k spirited, trouble free miles. I have 120k on my GS (AT) and it feels as solid as a tank. At $42k new in 94, it is loaded with high (for 94 and today) technology and qty materials and parts. A few: dual piston front calipers, automatic traction control (really works on Colorado snow), pretensioners on seat belts, knock sensors so you can choose to burn regular (a little less power), excellent auto climate control, distributorless ignition, high qty, durable leather, and other interior material that look near new 11 years later. It's fast and easily moves away from 99% of other cars. It is cheap to keep and a tremendous used car value.

Sporty, fast, luxurious and remarkably reliable. Looks are classic and hid its true age. Love the look of the spoiler, still the nicest one on the road today.

I wish there was a cd in the dash rather than the cd changer in the trunk, but the Bose system has a good kick for a factory unit.

Best car I have ever owned
By alvin m

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I purchased in 1997 with 35k miles, it now has 198,000. I just now replaced inner tie rods and front struts. I have had to replace two water pumps and the fuel pump switch. I have the 6 speed transmission. Even with the high mileage, you can barely hear the car idle!

The six speed transmission