Used 1994 Acura Legend LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

beware the Blown Head Gasket of Death
By mannydantyla

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

First off, this is a good car. Great styling, very powerful V6 engine, fun to drive, and (99% of the time) mechanically reliable. I never had to do any major repairs except the CV shafts and a thermostat. That was until THE HEAD GASKET WENT OUT. And, on these cars, that means the entire engine must be pulled out of the engine bay to get the heads off and replace the gaskets. NOT WORTH IT. The speedometer was broken, muffler was shot, door jam was not working, telescoping steering wheel was stuck in the most upright position, seats where worn to shreds, rust was forming, etc. And all of that at ~140k miles. Good car but didn't last long. Beware if buying.

Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Awesomeness
By justASK1

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

Favorite Features

Reliability, interior and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more than one cupholder.

What A Car
By Pete

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Came out of an 98 BMW 540i. Bought my Acura with only 65,000 on it in Sept of 06. Haven't looked back yet. What a classic design and the interior looks better and feels better than my BMW. I wish I could have had this car years ago.

Favorite Features

I love the handling and the design of exterior and interior.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they made more cupholders back in 1994.

Wish Acura Still Made Them...!
By cecurr

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 LS Sedan used in 1999 from Acura dealer with 52,000 miles. This is by far the most reliable and best built car I've ever owned or driven. The exterior design is timeless. The body and interior components are fitted superbly. The paint is as good as it gets. I have 101,000 mile on it now and it is as quiet and tight as the day i bought it. I've had to replace the master cylinder, but only routine maintenance aside from that. Great looks and great gas mileage (19 city / 24 highway). Everthing about this car is excellent and reliable. I see why it was named "Legend". I don't understand why Acura dropped it. Every time I drive it, someone asks if I want to see it.

Favorite Features

Exterior body design and fit. Beautiful Taupe color. Solid build quality. Not one rattle, or gap after 11 years. Weatherstripping is like new. Windows, doors, trunk and hood open/close like new. No wind noise. Low and easy maintenance. High Quality interior components.

Suggested Improvements

Better adjustablity on driver and passenger seats. Both a little too low for tall person.