1994 Acura Legend Sedan 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LS Sedan (3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
beware the Blown Head Gasket of Death
By mannydantyla on 01/08/15 20:14 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

First off, this is a good car. Great styling, very powerful V6 engine, fun to drive, and (99% of the time) mechanically reliable. I never had to do any major repairs except the CV shafts and a thermostat. That was until THE HEAD GASKET WENT OUT. And, on these cars, that means the entire engine must be pulled out of the engine bay to get the heads off and replace the gaskets. NOT WORTH IT. The speedometer was broken, muffler was shot, door jam was not working, telescoping steering wheel was stuck in the most upright position, seats where worn to shreds, rust was forming, etc. And all of that at ~140k miles. Good car but didn't last long. Beware if buying.

Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish on 05/17/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Awesomeness
By justASK1 on 07/30/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

What A Car
By Pete on 10/05/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Came out of an 98 BMW 540i. Bought my Acura with only 65,000 on it in Sept of 06. Haven't looked back yet. What a classic design and the interior looks better and feels better than my BMW. I wish I could have had this car years ago.

Wish Acura Still Made Them...!
By cecurr on 07/12/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 LS Sedan used in 1999 from Acura dealer with 52,000 miles. This is by far the most reliable and best built car I've ever owned or driven. The exterior design is timeless. The body and interior components are fitted superbly. The paint is as good as it gets. I have 101,000 mile on it now and it is as quiet and tight as the day i bought it. I've had to replace the master cylinder, but only routine maintenance aside from that. Great looks and great gas mileage (19 city / 24 highway). Everthing about this car is excellent and reliable. I see why it was named "Legend". I don't understand why Acura dropped it. Every time I drive it, someone asks if I want to see it.

The Legend Continues
By Nick on 07/01/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Great car! Dont know why they stopped making them. Runs smooth. Car feels like it glides on the rode

Legend Review
By WWW on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have 2 other friends with the same car and we all agree this is a great car. I will definitely buy another Acura if I ever need to.

Legendary
By Legendary on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Timeless looks, good from any angle. A smooth ride combined with good noise dampening takes your mind off of whatever traffic conditions you are in. Add to that an 8 speaker Bose sound system with an excellant climate control system and you are in driver's bliss.

Very much a Legend
By ESP on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

A great car all-around. Powerful, smooth, elegant-looking, luxuriant (even foe 2003, let alone for 1994), reliable, very well-made. A very satisying car to drive. The gas mileage (15-18 mpg in my experience of mixed driving) can be viewed as a necessary levy for the beautiful and pleasing ride offered.

1994 Acura Legend- buttery ride
By Rickster on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Get compliments every week on how good this car looks... from strangers. White is best color w/toupe interior. The buttery/smooth drive is really great. I have 150K+ miles on it. Needed new transmisssion last year, but that is uncommon. Acura dealerships really provide great service and good value.