Used 1994 Acura Legend LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Love this car! Best $600 I ever spent!
By David Johnson

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 4DR Legend LS from its original owner on Craigslist. It had 196K miles on it and needed head gaskets, which the owner was honest about, and the paint was a little faded. So I spent 2 weekends taking the heads off, and while I was in there I put in new belts, hoses, and a rebuilt alternator and starter from Napa. Contrary to other reviews, the engine does *not* need to come out of the car to do this. That was 4 years and 40K miles ago. To celebrate the fact that I'll probably own this car another 10 years, I had it painted for $1000 by another guy I found on Craigslist a few month ago and it looks like new again! I've driven it from Colorado to California, all over Colorado, Wyoming and Utah, in all kinds of weather, including ski trips to the mountains. It has never let me down and the performance is amazing for such an old car. Even my girlfriend loves it!

beware the Blown Head Gasket of Death
By mannydantyla

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

First off, this is a good car. Great styling, very powerful V6 engine, fun to drive, and (99% of the time) mechanically reliable. I never had to do any major repairs except the CV shafts and a thermostat.

That was until THE HEAD GASKET WENT OUT. And, on these cars, that means the entire engine must be pulled out of the engine bay to get the heads off and replace the gaskets. NOT WORTH IT.

The speedometer was broken, muffler was shot, door jam was not working, telescoping steering wheel was stuck in the most upright position, seats where worn to shreds, rust was forming, etc. And all of that at ~140k miles.

Good car but didn't last long. Beware if buying.

Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Awesomeness
By justASK1

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

Reliability, interior and exterior styling.

Needs more than one cupholder.

What A Car
By Pete

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Came out of an 98 BMW 540i. Bought my Acura with only 65,000 on it in Sept of 06. Haven't looked back yet. What a classic design and the interior looks better and feels better than my BMW. I wish I could have had this car years ago.

I love the handling and the design of exterior and interior.

I wish they made more cupholders back in 1994.