Used 1994 Acura Legend LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend Coupe

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

A few issues, but love it
By Legendzero1

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I always thought Acura made a mistake when they stopped making the Legend. I bought mine new in 94. I loved it so much I had the heads done when the gasket went on it last year. Some people have had BHG issues, some haven't. Mine was properly maintained and it still went. I still however, LOVE this car. Along with the HG's, the only problems I've encountered are a bad main relay, oxidized paint(to be expected after 15 years), cracking leather(also to be expected), and the typical HONDA rear wheel well rust issues. The styling is unmatched and the ride is sporty and luxurious.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, TYPE II engine is magnificent. I know people with brand new TL's that think my car looks better than theirs.

Suggested Improvements

The 15 inch rims that come on it are too small. I put 17 inch TL rims on mine and coupled with springs it looks sharp. Purchase a backup relay, hood struts and misc. interior parts if you see them cheap, you'll need them. Not because they'll go but you will want to own this car for a long time.

Best car I have ever owned
By RocketRuss

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 80Kmi on it. I put another 80Kmi on the car before I killed it (accident). Amazing car. 1 yr before I totaled the car, I filled the tank with 1/2 107 octane, 1/2 98 octane. Car ran like a dragster for the next 2 weeks. Thereafter, my fuel economy steadily rose. When I bought the car, I barely made 300-320mi/tank. After the 107/98 octane mix, my fuel economy rose to just over 400mi/tank. I always, always used 93/94 octane. I will miss that 6 speed manual tranny. Only thing I didn't like about the car was the front wheel drive. Car looked like a sleeper, but I'd smoke just about anyone...and I'm no leadfoot.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo system w/6 CD changer. 6sp manual tranny. Telescoping steering wheel. Heated seats. Memory seats. Power everything. 230HP. Heated rear view mirrors. Vacuum doors.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive. No power antennae extension whilst CD player is on. Door handles stunk.

Still a stylish sports coupe
By Stephen Williams

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Well, I bought this vehicle on eBay 2 years ago from a gentleman in TX. I previously had a 1994 Legend L sedan bought new. But I always wanted an LS Coupe. I admit I'm biased, but I still think its one of the nicest looking sports coupes every made. Mine has 185,000 miles on it, and the engine shows no real sign of dying anytime some. I've had to replace the normal things - driveshaft boots etc, but that's to be expected. Its reliable, fast and stylish - I love it.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, features, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Some parts tough to get, like trim pieces. But its 13 model years old now!

Best Car I've owned
By stritt

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I am the 2nd owner of my 94 LS coupe and bought it with 42,000 miles. Almost no repair cost and very little maintenance. Just put gas in it and change the oil every 3-4k miles. This is the best and most reliable car I've ever owned. Its my 2nd Acura Legend coupe and I've put more miles on this car than any other car I've owned.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Cd changer

Suggested Improvements

keyless entry

thought would share
By Cez Z

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I have 210k miles. Looked up some cars in the past but none would drive and look like this. People still stop me to say how great the car looks or if I want to sell. Always do the scheduled maintenance, now only every 30k miles (this is much much I drive a year now). Except for this I didnt spend more than $1k on problems, and the car had to be towed just once over its 210k miles when the ignition messed up. So what I do? I repainted it, just put new leather on the seats, will replace mats and a few things, and drive another 210k miles I guess. And then give it to my son.

Favorite Features

Look (especially the pearl color after repainting, looks better than most new cars). Drive.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, one day when I visit my Acura delare for my maintenance, I would like see a new Acura I would want to replace my Legend with. No luck so far.