1994 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Still a wonderful Car Get One if you can
By jonatbaylor on 02/04/10 03:34 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This car is superb in almost every way. It has almost every convenience and then some on cars that are only 2-3 years old! The only 2nd generation Legend to get is the 1993-1995 years, since you get the upgraded 230HP motor. The City Mileage is pretty bad at 15-17mpg on average, but if I'm just cruising on the highway I get 25.3mpg. (Properly tuned, PSI in tires and 67mph) I've added some more recent features to it, bringing it a bit more up-to-date. Most people think my Legend is a 2004 model year! The coupes are truly beautiful. If you can score one with low miles and that has been maintained well, you will basically step into a 45k dollar luxury car for no more than 6-7k tops.

A few issues, but love it
By Legendzero1 on 01/07/10 19:12 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I always thought Acura made a mistake when they stopped making the Legend. I bought mine new in 94. I loved it so much I had the heads done when the gasket went on it last year. Some people have had BHG issues, some haven't. Mine was properly maintained and it still went. I still however, LOVE this car. Along with the HG's, the only problems I've encountered are a bad main relay, oxidized paint(to be expected after 15 years), cracking leather(also to be expected), and the typical HONDA rear wheel well rust issues. The styling is unmatched and the ride is sporty and luxurious.

Best car I have ever owned
By RocketRuss on 08/21/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 80Kmi on it. I put another 80Kmi on the car before I killed it (accident). Amazing car. 1 yr before I totaled the car, I filled the tank with 1/2 107 octane, 1/2 98 octane. Car ran like a dragster for the next 2 weeks. Thereafter, my fuel economy steadily rose. When I bought the car, I barely made 300-320mi/tank. After the 107/98 octane mix, my fuel economy rose to just over 400mi/tank. I always, always used 93/94 octane. I will miss that 6 speed manual tranny. Only thing I didn't like about the car was the front wheel drive. Car looked like a sleeper, but I'd smoke just about anyone...and I'm no leadfoot.

Worth buying used if cared for
By Jon on 02/16/09 03:02 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

The car drives very well. Handling and steering are nice and responsive. The brakes are probably the most undesirable on the car, but they are efficient. The interior and exterior designs and features are excellent. The car is very comfortable and luxurious. I bought mine used, and decided to spend 7k repainting it and putting new suspension components in the car. It looks and handles like new, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car with the amenities this has. If you buy a Legend, you will love it.

Ever-Ready Legend
By ForeverLegend on 08/04/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

The Legend was bought used, and after 100,000 miles, the car is still going strong. At 170K miles, the car has had a few problems. Driver side window is dead, master cylinder has been replace, and splits in the leather seats. And one time the rear brake pad popped out of its bracket after my hitting a pothole. On the plus side, I've never had any major problems. I typically drive freeways at 90 mph, get around 22 mpg, and have a smooth ride and good acceleration. If my Legend is like most others, I'll still be driving my car after another 100K miles. I've been very happy with my car, and don't know what I'd buy as a replacement.

Still a stylish sports coupe
By Stephen Williams on 01/08/07 14:08 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Well, I bought this vehicle on eBay 2 years ago from a gentleman in TX. I previously had a 1994 Legend L sedan bought new. But I always wanted an LS Coupe. I admit I'm biased, but I still think its one of the nicest looking sports coupes every made. Mine has 185,000 miles on it, and the engine shows no real sign of dying anytime some. I've had to replace the normal things - driveshaft boots etc, but that's to be expected. Its reliable, fast and stylish - I love it.

The Living LEGEND
By maracura91 on 11/10/06 21:52 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This is hands down the best automobile that i've ever owned, and this is my second legend. This is truly a vehicle far ahead of its time and I love it, plain and simple.

Best car I have ever owned
By alvin m on 09/12/05 22:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I purchased in 1997 with 35k miles, it now has 198,000. I just now replaced inner tie rods and front struts. I have had to replace two water pumps and the fuel pump switch. I have the 6 speed transmission. Even with the high mileage, you can barely hear the car idle!

Legend Rocks
By Jesse on 07/27/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This is an awesome car. Has the awesome sporty yet luxurious looks, runs great, never had a problem with mine. The interior is like new after so many years. This is built to last

Best Car I've owned
By stritt on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I am the 2nd owner of my 94 LS coupe and bought it with 42,000 miles. Almost no repair cost and very little maintenance. Just put gas in it and change the oil every 3-4k miles. This is the best and most reliable car I've ever owned. Its my 2nd Acura Legend coupe and I've put more miles on this car than any other car I've owned.