Used 1994 Acura Legend Coupe Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Love this car
By Lana Carlon

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This car has been trouble free, I love it and I don't know if I will ever get rid of it!

Still a wonderful Car Get One if you can
By jonatbaylor

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This car is superb in almost every way. It has almost every convenience and then some on cars that are only 2-3 years old! The only 2nd generation Legend to get is the 1993-1995 years, since you get the upgraded 230HP motor. The City Mileage is pretty bad at 15-17mpg on average, but if I'm just cruising on the highway I get 25.3mpg. (Properly tuned, PSI in tires and 67mph) I've added some more recent features to it, bringing it a bit more up-to-date. Most people think my Legend is a 2004 model year! The coupes are truly beautiful. If you can score one with low miles and that has been maintained well, you will basically step into a 45k dollar luxury car for no more than 6-7k tops.

6sp Manual, Moon-Roof, telescoping steering wheel, heated leather seats and the overall performance-to-luxury combination. Heck even the rear Coupe windows roll down. This car is great.

If you get one, put a light tint all around to prevent interior fade and heat. Put 17" rims with some quality tires on it, lower it an inch and put some aftermarket sway bars and strut tower brace on it. It will look stock, but it will drive that much better! Do a google search there is a car club.

A few issues, but love it
By Legendzero1

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I always thought Acura made a mistake when they stopped making the Legend. I bought mine new in 94. I loved it so much I had the heads done when the gasket went on it last year. Some people have had BHG issues, some haven't. Mine was properly maintained and it still went. I still however, LOVE this car. Along with the HG's, the only problems I've encountered are a bad main relay, oxidized paint(to be expected after 15 years), cracking leather(also to be expected), and the typical HONDA rear wheel well rust issues. The styling is unmatched and the ride is sporty and luxurious.

Looks, ride, TYPE II engine is magnificent. I know people with brand new TL's that think my car looks better than theirs.

The 15 inch rims that come on it are too small. I put 17 inch TL rims on mine and coupled with springs it looks sharp. Purchase a backup relay, hood struts and misc. interior parts if you see them cheap, you'll need them. Not because they'll go but you will want to own this car for a long time.

Best car I have ever owned
By RocketRuss

1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 80Kmi on it. I put another 80Kmi on the car before I killed it (accident). Amazing car. 1 yr before I totaled the car, I filled the tank with 1/2 107 octane, 1/2 98 octane. Car ran like a dragster for the next 2 weeks. Thereafter, my fuel economy steadily rose. When I bought the car, I barely made 300-320mi/tank. After the 107/98 octane mix, my fuel economy rose to just over 400mi/tank. I always, always used 93/94 octane. I will miss that 6 speed manual tranny. Only thing I didn't like about the car was the front wheel drive. Car looked like a sleeper, but I'd smoke just about anyone...and I'm no leadfoot.

Bose stereo system w/6 CD changer. 6sp manual tranny. Telescoping steering wheel. Heated seats. Memory seats. Power everything. 230HP. Heated rear view mirrors. Vacuum doors.

Rear wheel drive. No power antennae extension whilst CD player is on. Door handles stunk.

Worth buying used if cared for
By Jon

1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

The car drives very well. Handling and steering are nice and responsive. The brakes are probably the most undesirable on the car, but they are efficient. The interior and exterior designs and features are excellent. The car is very comfortable and luxurious. I bought mine used, and decided to spend 7k repainting it and putting new suspension components in the car. It looks and handles like new, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car with the amenities this has. If you buy a Legend, you will love it.

I like the sunroof, and telescoping steering wheel, as well as the leather seats and memory function on them. The heated mirrors and seats are nice too.

I'd put a big brake upgrade in the car, otherwise it's hard to improve on these vehicles. If you find one in good condition, I'd buy it! There are a lot of aftermarket parts available too and an online car club. Just do a search