1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish on 05/17/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Awesomeness
By justASK1 on 07/30/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

What A Car
By Pete on 10/05/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Came out of an 98 BMW 540i. Bought my Acura with only 65,000 on it in Sept of 06. Haven't looked back yet. What a classic design and the interior looks better and feels better than my BMW. I wish I could have had this car years ago.

Wish Acura Still Made Them...!
By cecurr on 07/12/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 LS Sedan used in 1999 from Acura dealer with 52,000 miles. This is by far the most reliable and best built car I've ever owned or driven. The exterior design is timeless. The body and interior components are fitted superbly. The paint is as good as it gets. I have 101,000 mile on it now and it is as quiet and tight as the day i bought it. I've had to replace the master cylinder, but only routine maintenance aside from that. Great looks and great gas mileage (19 city / 24 highway). Everthing about this car is excellent and reliable. I see why it was named "Legend". I don't understand why Acura dropped it. Every time I drive it, someone asks if I want to see it.

The Legend Continues
By Nick on 07/01/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Great car! Dont know why they stopped making them. Runs smooth. Car feels like it glides on the rode

Legend Review
By WWW on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I have 2 other friends with the same car and we all agree this is a great car. I will definitely buy another Acura if I ever need to.

Legendary
By Legendary on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Timeless looks, good from any angle. A smooth ride combined with good noise dampening takes your mind off of whatever traffic conditions you are in. Add to that an 8 speaker Bose sound system with an excellant climate control system and you are in driver's bliss.

Very much a Legend
By ESP on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

A great car all-around. Powerful, smooth, elegant-looking, luxuriant (even foe 2003, let alone for 1994), reliable, very well-made. A very satisying car to drive. The gas mileage (15-18 mpg in my experience of mixed driving) can be viewed as a necessary levy for the beautiful and pleasing ride offered.

1994 Acura Legend- buttery ride
By Rickster on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Get compliments every week on how good this car looks... from strangers. White is best color w/toupe interior. The buttery/smooth drive is really great. I have 150K+ miles on it. Needed new transmisssion last year, but that is uncommon. Acura dealerships really provide great service and good value.

Still lovin' it after 6 years
By cstien on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

We purchased our car as a 2-year old and still love everything about it, 6 years later. There have been no major mechanical problems. We chose the tone on tone trim package which was a great choice. I've notice that other '94 models with the black trim look tired compared to my color combo. The paint still looks great and with 123,000 miles on it, it still runs like a top. This is a keeper 'til the wheels fall off!