Used 1994 Acura Legend L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Still a wonderful Car Get One if you can
By jonatbaylor

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This car is superb in almost every way. It has almost every convenience and then some on cars that are only 2-3 years old! The only 2nd generation Legend to get is the 1993-1995 years, since you get the upgraded 230HP motor. The City Mileage is pretty bad at 15-17mpg on average, but if I'm just cruising on the highway I get 25.3mpg. (Properly tuned, PSI in tires and 67mph) I've added some more recent features to it, bringing it a bit more up-to-date. Most people think my Legend is a 2004 model year! The coupes are truly beautiful. If you can score one with low miles and that has been maintained well, you will basically step into a 45k dollar luxury car for no more than 6-7k tops.

6sp Manual, Moon-Roof, telescoping steering wheel, heated leather seats and the overall performance-to-luxury combination. Heck even the rear Coupe windows roll down. This car is great.

If you get one, put a light tint all around to prevent interior fade and heat. Put 17" rims with some quality tires on it, lower it an inch and put some aftermarket sway bars and strut tower brace on it. It will look stock, but it will drive that much better! Do a google search there is a car club.

Worth buying used if cared for
By Jon

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The car drives very well. Handling and steering are nice and responsive. The brakes are probably the most undesirable on the car, but they are efficient. The interior and exterior designs and features are excellent. The car is very comfortable and luxurious. I bought mine used, and decided to spend 7k repainting it and putting new suspension components in the car. It looks and handles like new, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car with the amenities this has. If you buy a Legend, you will love it.

I like the sunroof, and telescoping steering wheel, as well as the leather seats and memory function on them. The heated mirrors and seats are nice too.

I'd put a big brake upgrade in the car, otherwise it's hard to improve on these vehicles. If you find one in good condition, I'd buy it! There are a lot of aftermarket parts available too and an online car club. Just do a search

Ever-Ready Legend
By ForeverLegend

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The Legend was bought used, and after 100,000 miles, the car is still going strong. At 170K miles, the car has had a few problems. Driver side window is dead, master cylinder has been replace, and splits in the leather seats. And one time the rear brake pad popped out of its bracket after my hitting a pothole. On the plus side, I've never had any major problems. I typically drive freeways at 90 mph, get around 22 mpg, and have a smooth ride and good acceleration. If my Legend is like most others, I'll still be driving my car after another 100K miles. I've been very happy with my car, and don't know what I'd buy as a replacement.

Integration of seat and driving console. Comfortable ride after 1000 continuous miles.

Auxiliary iPod hookup into stereo. Better electrical connection - battery goes dead after 2 weeks.

The Living LEGEND
By maracura91

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This is hands down the best automobile that i've ever owned, and this is my second legend. This is truly a vehicle far ahead of its time and I love it, plain and simple.

Body style, telescopic steering wheel/w memory seat, leather, 4 wheel abs, dual airbags, power sunroof, rear window function, in a coupe, self sealing doors, too much to list, as they say.

Too late for improvements, the legend lives on by the love of their owners, which there are thousands through out the world.

Best car I have ever owned
By alvin m

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I purchased in 1997 with 35k miles, it now has 198,000. I just now replaced inner tie rods and front struts. I have had to replace two water pumps and the fuel pump switch. I have the 6 speed transmission. Even with the high mileage, you can barely hear the car idle!

The six speed transmission