1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Walking could not be cheaper!
By David Dahbura on 02/14/10 07:59 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after leaving my business card on the windsheild in a parking lot. The car was perfect despite the miles which did not scare me. It has been FLAWLESS, it has had the usual preventative maintenance done but otherwise NOTHING has ever needed repairing. My only gripes are the LOW (very low) front bumper which seems to catch on everything and has now been repaired countless times and the too low driving position, but in defense of the later, I think my age and bum knee are more to blame than the car. I have calculated my costs for this car which I paid $3,000 for, and I assure you, I could not have walked the same distance cheaper than this car has cost. I want another one ASAP

14 years old and looking great
By SJB on 06/20/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I always was allured by the body style of the Legend. Even after the fact that it is a 14 yr old car the design is unsurpassed. The Legend was way ahead of it's time. I bought this car with 120k and the motor is as if it was off the showroom floor. It squaks the tires from 1st to 2nd gear, without me trying. It is luxury and sport wrapped into one. 'Nough said!!!

Last Forever?
By Order the Schnitzel on 06/10/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I have had only the most minor of problems with this car: the little plate at the top of the shifter that tells where the gears are fell off, I had to replace the radiator twice, everything else was normal wear and tear. Why would anyone want to pay upwards of $20K to get a new car? Is the GPS or XM radio that important? Get the portable versions for cryin out loud.

A true Legend-should bring em' back
By UNITY on 04/18/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I may be biased but this car is phenomenal! Everyone who sees my car thinks it's a much newer model than it really is and I let them believe it. Even my mechanic is surprised at what good shape this 14 year old car is in. This car has torque. Parts are expensive but who cares 'cause if you take good care of it the car probably won't break down anyway. An all around good, stylish, dependable, comfortable, reliable car & girls love it. Thank you Honda.

Great Car
By Chuck on 03/27/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

This has to be one of the greatest cars ever made. I bought it in 2002 with 120k miles and have had nearly no problems. As long as you maintain it regularly, this car will last a long time. I'm still driving it to this day.

Acura legend review
By e28m30 on 10/24/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The power is incredible. very fast. this car is very realiable no problems with the car. It has really nice smooth power steering maybe a little too much assist but very nice, the transmission is harsh shifting but it really feels great when really romping on the gas pedal. This car is 13 years old now but it hasnt aged a bit no rattles the body style doesnt look old. The car is really just well put together, Acura really used the best materials. Well besides the leather seats they seem a little too cheapy. But all in all the best car I have ever owned, I really love this car.

Best sedan ever
By acuralegend94 on 08/06/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in summer of 2005 with 100K miles, have not spent a penny on repair work! It is rock solid, the best looking and the most comfortable Honda and Acura ever built. People are surprised to find out that it is a 14 year old car, the design is flawless and ageless, so if you keep your car in excellent condition, it will still stand out in the parking lot. I can't believe how many ugly new cars are out there! Mileage is pretty decent; I have averaged 30 mpg at 40-50 mph, at 60-70 mph it's 25 mph, and 80-90 mph is 21 mpg. It makes no difference putting 89 octane vs 91 octane, with 87 octane it seems a little slow, but engine doesn't knock at all. I use 89 octane most of the time.

Truly a Legend
By chip on 06/30/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and I drove it into the ground (traded it in on a new TL). The Legend was a great car. It was traded in with 275,000 miles on it with only a few problems. The only reason I traded it was because I got hit 3 times in a 1 month period (none of the accidents were my fault). I am convinced that the electrical system started to have issues after getting in the first accident. I loved that car so much I actually want to buy another one.

'94 Legend
By ParallaX49 on 02/18/06 17:12 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

An exceptional car. "Precision crafted performance" was completely acurate. This is a car that has lasted my family 12 years and still runs flawlessly. It has seen the garage next to it filled by four different cars over the years, but the Legend outlasted them all.

Beautiful But Hungry Car
By Kamrul on 01/14/06 09:02 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in the summer of '05. The milage was 10800 when I bought it. This car is just awesome. Sharp design and very smooth engine. I don't know of any car this old and still drives so smoothly. However, I had to put a lot of money in it. Soon after I bought it, I had to replace the water pump and master cylinder (for brake) after I experienced over heating of the engine plus seal the leak in the rear differential. I also had to replace the shocks/struts as they were worn out. Well, for now the car is giving very good service. Other than spending so much behind the car I'm very with the car. I plan to keep this car until it completely breaks down.