1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish on 05/17/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Walking could not be cheaper!
By David Dahbura on 02/14/10 07:59 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after leaving my business card on the windsheild in a parking lot. The car was perfect despite the miles which did not scare me. It has been FLAWLESS, it has had the usual preventative maintenance done but otherwise NOTHING has ever needed repairing. My only gripes are the LOW (very low) front bumper which seems to catch on everything and has now been repaired countless times and the too low driving position, but in defense of the later, I think my age and bum knee are more to blame than the car. I have calculated my costs for this car which I paid $3,000 for, and I assure you, I could not have walked the same distance cheaper than this car has cost. I want another one ASAP

Still a wonderful Car Get One if you can
By jonatbaylor on 02/04/10 03:34 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This car is superb in almost every way. It has almost every convenience and then some on cars that are only 2-3 years old! The only 2nd generation Legend to get is the 1993-1995 years, since you get the upgraded 230HP motor. The City Mileage is pretty bad at 15-17mpg on average, but if I'm just cruising on the highway I get 25.3mpg. (Properly tuned, PSI in tires and 67mph) I've added some more recent features to it, bringing it a bit more up-to-date. Most people think my Legend is a 2004 model year! The coupes are truly beautiful. If you can score one with low miles and that has been maintained well, you will basically step into a 45k dollar luxury car for no more than 6-7k tops.

An excellent, well-rounded car.
By tractor on 01/28/10 12:44 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car really did give the owners about everything they could need when new, and even as old as it is, it still doesn't disappoint. I've added a few touches here and there like a new stereo system and a short shifter and exhaust and those keep the car fresh. It really is a joy to drive. It allows for a sporty character and 4-door practicality. This car will perform if you know how to shift the 6-spd. Also, a suspension and brake upgrade will keep you happy. Keep on top of maintenance, especially with the cooling system and you will be pleased!

A few issues, but love it
By Legendzero1 on 01/07/10 19:12 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I always thought Acura made a mistake when they stopped making the Legend. I bought mine new in 94. I loved it so much I had the heads done when the gasket went on it last year. Some people have had BHG issues, some haven't. Mine was properly maintained and it still went. I still however, LOVE this car. Along with the HG's, the only problems I've encountered are a bad main relay, oxidized paint(to be expected after 15 years), cracking leather(also to be expected), and the typical HONDA rear wheel well rust issues. The styling is unmatched and the ride is sporty and luxurious.

Best car I have ever owned
By RocketRuss on 08/21/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 80Kmi on it. I put another 80Kmi on the car before I killed it (accident). Amazing car. 1 yr before I totaled the car, I filled the tank with 1/2 107 octane, 1/2 98 octane. Car ran like a dragster for the next 2 weeks. Thereafter, my fuel economy steadily rose. When I bought the car, I barely made 300-320mi/tank. After the 107/98 octane mix, my fuel economy rose to just over 400mi/tank. I always, always used 93/94 octane. I will miss that 6 speed manual tranny. Only thing I didn't like about the car was the front wheel drive. Car looked like a sleeper, but I'd smoke just about anyone...and I'm no leadfoot.

Best car ever owned
By CarlD on 05/05/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 94 Legend GS from my father in law with 187000 mi on it. He kept it in top shape. Every service was done on schedule and at the dealer. I have since done the same and now have over 340000 mi on it. It is fun to drive and a great looking car. Acura needs to bring back the Legend. I have a 99 RL and enjoy driving the Legend more. Everything on the car works. Have only had to do normal repair work. Engine still strong and burns no oil and passes emissions with no problem. Love this car!

Worth buying used if cared for
By Jon on 02/16/09 03:02 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The car drives very well. Handling and steering are nice and responsive. The brakes are probably the most undesirable on the car, but they are efficient. The interior and exterior designs and features are excellent. The car is very comfortable and luxurious. I bought mine used, and decided to spend 7k repainting it and putting new suspension components in the car. It looks and handles like new, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car with the amenities this has. If you buy a Legend, you will love it.

Ever-Ready Legend
By ForeverLegend on 08/04/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The Legend was bought used, and after 100,000 miles, the car is still going strong. At 170K miles, the car has had a few problems. Driver side window is dead, master cylinder has been replace, and splits in the leather seats. And one time the rear brake pad popped out of its bracket after my hitting a pothole. On the plus side, I've never had any major problems. I typically drive freeways at 90 mph, get around 22 mpg, and have a smooth ride and good acceleration. If my Legend is like most others, I'll still be driving my car after another 100K miles. I've been very happy with my car, and don't know what I'd buy as a replacement.

Awesomeness
By justASK1 on 07/30/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.