1993 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
A real legend
By verne smith on 03/29/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 legend ls sedan 5.5 years ago and it is still going strong, I bought my car with 195,332 miles, it currently has 261,585 miles and still going, I have never had any engine issues, never changed head gasket or any other engine parts, this engine is bullet proof, the transmission is also bullet proof it currently needs a mount thats it, it revs very smooth. I replaced over the 5.5 years and counting, ignition switch, right axle, wheel bearings, just this week the radiator cleaned the EGR ports and of course regular mentainance oil change etc, I am a very proud legend owner and because of this car I have an acura gsr which is another good car, I am now in the process of buying a 2003 mdx.

My Acura Legend
By Joseph on 06/12/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Acura Legend is a superb. I had my Acura when the mileage was about 215000, last year, now it is 238000 and still running good. The cooling system was not working, but when a mechanic changed the main relay, it began to work The little problem I have with mine is that it smokes.

Good..but not good enough
By Okus on 04/27/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend at 129,000 miles.. i loved every bit of it until 2 years and 35,000 miles later. I was upset to learn that these cars have expensive problems. Bad Head Gasket, sticky door. Rust around typical Honda and Acura areas. Gages went out. Window motor slowed way down. I sold it after 3 years and bought a SC400 Lexus. I would never go back to 90's Acuras or Hondas ever again!!! 1st and 2nd gears are good. But 3rd lags and 4th is nothing. I took care of my car very well. washed all the time and maintained at Acura Dealership. No major problem except BHG. I wish i owned the rare Type 2 Coupe Manual!! I suggest buying from a non-snowed state. where rust hasen't started.

True Legend
By LoveMyLegend on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Car was passed down to me from my dad with 230,000 miles on it. The car is basically like new. Everything from the engine to the interior is as strong as it ever was. Very little signs of wear and tear. Like I said, the engine (whole car really) is extremely strong, and has one the nicest high revving sounds I have heard on a car. Put it past 5k on the tach. and it lets out a bit of a yell but no hesitation at all! I love this car and would only trade it for another legend (gs, 6 speed maybe)! The name really does say it all.

Magnificent machine
By mikelrb on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this 8 months ago. Wow. What a car. Bought it after reading all the positive reviews -- I mean, this thing scores high. Bought it for my wife. She LOVES it -- and at 11 years old now! Bought it with 160,000 miles on it. Mint condition, one owner, always maintained at dealer. Smooth, quiet, powerful. Love the lines. Beautiful styling that will never go OUT of style. Lots of power with the 3.2 V6. Cruise at 90, and you don't feel a thing. Really a fantastic car.

TRADE IN WORTH.
By PAUL GEO on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

HAS BEEN AN EXCELENT CAR.HAS BEEN IN ONE ACCEDENT,BUT WAS REPARED TO ORIGINAL.

Acura the BEST BUY on the market!
By Eddie Willing on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my acura legend, I knew only that it was built by Honda, had 120,000 miles and was a manual V6. It felt fast, and it was cheap, so I bought it. Now, my next new car will be a TL. I am sold! This car is reliable, stable, holds turns well, has the acceleration of any large size sedan, is bilt safe, has all the power features you'd want in a car, and has some of the crispiest handling of any car I've driven. I desire to never again return to the world of auto tranny! This Legend shall hold it's own. It truly will go down in history as a legendary improvement on the everyman's vehicle!

My best vehicle yet
By Zak on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has by far been the best and most reliable car I have driven over the past 30 years! It is fun to drive, it performs outstandingly, and is the most beautiful body design, even after almost ten years of driving. What a shame that Accura decided to change something this close to perfection! The only complaint I have is that the sun visor partially disrupts front view.