1993 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
6,000 miles, what haven't I had to replace??
By pnwluvin on 05/07/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 4 door sedan automatic 3.2liter legend. I got it with 90,000 miles. It now has 96,500 miles on it 9 months later and I couldn't be more disappointed. Having only been able to drive the car 6,000miles I have replaced the entire engine,radiator,power steering pump,master cylinder, brakes, fuel pump, fuel pump relay. Now I needs new cv axel and it dies every time I come to a stop. BUYERS BEWARE. It has so few miles only because it breaks ever 300 miles! Now I have to scrap together money to buy a new car, which is hard when my car breaks down so much. Maybe if I replace everything in the car it will work for more than a month.

Can't get enough of the Acura Legends
By kenneth walker on 11/08/09 23:00 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I just recently got in an accident with the first acura legend I ever owned. It was the other guy's fault. It was a 1991 sedan. After the insurance company compensated me for my loss I went right out and bought a 1993 acura legend sedan. I can't get enough of these cars. They are one of the most luxurious and well built cars I've ever seen. My other car is a 2000 trans am ws6. I enjoy driving my acura legend as much as I love driving my trans am. All I ever want to own luxury car wise is the acura legend. I've owned other sedans before but this legend is by far the best sedan I've ever owned. The acura legend is total luxury with performance car attributes with its 200 hp engine.

Such a fun car
By Abram on 01/23/09 17:08 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend a little over a year ago. This is the best car I have ever owned! I was driving a friends Jag the other night and couldn't believe that my car at 15 years old was ten times better in tightness, comfort, and speed. I got really lucky and bought mine from an older couple with around 90k miles. If you are wondering if you should buy one and you've found one that has been taken care of.. Buy it!!

Beautiful
By Tony Papa on 12/14/07 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car. The car was mine then to my first born, then to his little Brother, and it still runs great! Faster than most cars made even now (2007) 14 years later.

Jenn's Legend
By Jennifer Mannon on 11/13/05 13:22 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love my Acura, the only things I have had to replace were the battery and the radiator. Other than that I have never had a problem. It is very fun to drive and I will never get rid of it!!

Legend...The best in it's class
By Stir Boy on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love my rare 5 speed w/o leather Legend. In my opinion it is the best car in it's class. My mom and dad just bought a 2003 Toyota Camry and they want to sell it and buy a Legend like mine. I get 24-27 mpg with the 5 speed. Although I have had this car just over a month, I have put over 2.7k miles on it. I started out with 125k. I know that it is a reliable car. The Bose premium sound is essential in this car. It does have it's little quirks, i.e. fan motor squeels when it runs a long time. But no major problems that I can see in the near future except a new clutch. It is extremely responsive and fun to drive. I love it too much to sell it.

Legend an excellent car
By Bob T on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

bought used in 1997 with 53K miles. Now have 125K miles. Have had no mechanical or electrical problems. Starting to show a little rust. Very happy with car and dealer service

Reliable fun to drive touring car
By Eric93L on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Model: 5 speed manual with the 200 hp. The car has excellent power and refinement. The engine revs smoothly to the redline and wants to keep going. The car handles excellent at high speeds and makes a wonderful highway cruising car. There is a lot of road noise for a car in this class, but it is still very quiet for what I am used to. Gas mileage is good for the class with the manual 27/17 mpg highway/city is what I get. The car doesn't have many features, but those it does have are of the best quality. The radio sounds great, all the controls are simple and easy to use. The leather seats are comfortable, but no seat heaters in the L model. An excellent car overall.

My first Legend, best ride ever
By Stebo63 on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 93 Legend L in July 2002 with only 74,000 miles from the original owner in Long Island, NY. This car was maintained very well, garage kept and spent it's winters in Florida via Amtrack Car Train. Extremely reliable, comfortable... Wonderful design, Acura should re-development the Legend !!

Greatest Vehicle of the Century
By Mike the Acura Drive on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

These are the beast vehicles for your money. You might call it the poor man's Lexus. I have owned 3 Acura's now and the '93 is my favorite. I have owned a 91 Legend and own a '97 3.5RL