1993 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
6,000 miles, what haven't I had to replace??
By pnwluvin on 05/07/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 4 door sedan automatic 3.2liter legend. I got it with 90,000 miles. It now has 96,500 miles on it 9 months later and I couldn't be more disappointed. Having only been able to drive the car 6,000miles I have replaced the entire engine,radiator,power steering pump,master cylinder, brakes, fuel pump, fuel pump relay. Now I needs new cv axel and it dies every time I come to a stop. BUYERS BEWARE. It has so few miles only because it breaks ever 300 miles! Now I have to scrap together money to buy a new car, which is hard when my car breaks down so much. Maybe if I replace everything in the car it will work for more than a month.

20 Years Later She is still Cruising
By dtuura on 09/04/13 21:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had 7 cars in the past 5 years ( all used ) and ive got to say this car takes the Cake. Got a 93 legend for $900 with 152k and i cant regret it. The design and performance of the car is Great and for once i have no Engine lights on. The car doesnt overheat, the tranny doesnt slip and it always starts right up. The one down side is deffinately the suspension but Whatever! the car is 20 years old, that should be expected. also the gas Mileage isnt that Great but i think ill survive

Can't get enough of the Acura Legends
By kenneth walker on 11/08/09 23:00 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I just recently got in an accident with the first acura legend I ever owned. It was the other guy's fault. It was a 1991 sedan. After the insurance company compensated me for my loss I went right out and bought a 1993 acura legend sedan. I can't get enough of these cars. They are one of the most luxurious and well built cars I've ever seen. My other car is a 2000 trans am ws6. I enjoy driving my acura legend as much as I love driving my trans am. All I ever want to own luxury car wise is the acura legend. I've owned other sedans before but this legend is by far the best sedan I've ever owned. The acura legend is total luxury with performance car attributes with its 200 hp engine.

A real legend
By verne smith on 03/29/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 legend ls sedan 5.5 years ago and it is still going strong, I bought my car with 195,332 miles, it currently has 261,585 miles and still going, I have never had any engine issues, never changed head gasket or any other engine parts, this engine is bullet proof, the transmission is also bullet proof it currently needs a mount thats it, it revs very smooth. I replaced over the 5.5 years and counting, ignition switch, right axle, wheel bearings, just this week the radiator cleaned the EGR ports and of course regular mentainance oil change etc, I am a very proud legend owner and because of this car I have an acura gsr which is another good car, I am now in the process of buying a 2003 mdx.

Such a fun car
By Abram on 01/23/09 17:08 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend a little over a year ago. This is the best car I have ever owned! I was driving a friends Jag the other night and couldn't believe that my car at 15 years old was ten times better in tightness, comfort, and speed. I got really lucky and bought mine from an older couple with around 90k miles. If you are wondering if you should buy one and you've found one that has been taken care of.. Buy it!!

My Acura Legend
By Joseph on 06/12/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Acura Legend is a superb. I had my Acura when the mileage was about 215000, last year, now it is 238000 and still running good. The cooling system was not working, but when a mechanic changed the main relay, it began to work The little problem I have with mine is that it smokes.

Good times
By dmendez on 05/25/08 00:30 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan 4dr Sedan

Okay so as a young man I like to get the full experience out of driving my vehicle, therefore making my driving experiences as memorable as possible. Here in lies my review. I believe my car to be the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever had. It is fun to drive and durable as all hell. I'll be the first to admit that I occasionally horsebeat my vehicle. With the engine upgrades as easy as theey were who wouldn't. My car is acceptionally quick and comfortabble to drive and manouver around in. my only complaint is the loose rearend. its easy to loose control of with the rear being so light in weight. Overall it is the most enjoyable and comfortable sedan I've driven.

Beautiful
By Tony Papa on 12/14/07 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car. The car was mine then to my first born, then to his little Brother, and it still runs great! Faster than most cars made even now (2007) 14 years later.

Good..but not good enough
By Okus on 04/27/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend at 129,000 miles.. i loved every bit of it until 2 years and 35,000 miles later. I was upset to learn that these cars have expensive problems. Bad Head Gasket, sticky door. Rust around typical Honda and Acura areas. Gages went out. Window motor slowed way down. I sold it after 3 years and bought a SC400 Lexus. I would never go back to 90's Acuras or Hondas ever again!!! 1st and 2nd gears are good. But 3rd lags and 4th is nothing. I took care of my car very well. washed all the time and maintained at Acura Dealership. No major problem except BHG. I wish i owned the rare Type 2 Coupe Manual!! I suggest buying from a non-snowed state. where rust hasen't started.

Jenn's Legend
By Jennifer Mannon on 11/13/05 13:22 PM (PST)

1993 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love my Acura, the only things I have had to replace were the battery and the radiator. Other than that I have never had a problem. It is very fun to drive and I will never get rid of it!!