Used 1993 Acura Legend L Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Now My Weekender, But Still My Favorite
By Acural53

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

A timeless style, excellent build quality, classy coupe. Runs like all get out when pushed, very fast. Of my 3 vehicles, it is my preferred choice. Gorgeous dash at night. Parts not cheap, can be very expensive if not maintained properly. But if you keep it running properly, it will give you hundreds of thousands of miles of pure passion and pleasure. My LS 400 is my daily driver, it's a wonderful car, but come the weekend, I'm gone in my Legend. It is like no other car I have owned, and I have had many of them. And when I'm out driving in the coupe, my wife just bites her nails, LOL!

Favorite Features

Styling, Bose stereo, stance, tight tolerances, fit and finish, dash layout, material quality, engine torque and horses, tranny, overall ride.

Suggested Improvements

Seat bolsters tend to lose leather over time (every Legend I have seen has this problem) from entry/exit, mileage could be better, can overheat (blown head gaskets a potential problem), parts expensive (if something breaks, it's going to cost you to fix).

Reliable engine, the rest-lacking
By Paul

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

With about 126,000 miles currently the car doesn't have a great deal of wear on the engine. I have never had a problem with the engine. However I have had problems with various other non-mechancial parts on the vehicle. Replacements include: driver's side door handle with electronics, master cylinder and ignition switch. All of those with installation totalled $1000 plus. The engine is fairly powerful for the time period, however the gas mileage is decent at best. I average 16-18 mpg in a suburban area and on the highway 25-30. The ride is smooth but somewhat unresponsive. Turns are clumsy and makes the car feel heavy. Interior is rather plush for the base model.

Favorite Features

Engine power, comfortable seats, car design, power seats and large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Well since the Legend was replaced in 1996 this is pointless, but nonetheless I would increase gas mileage, shorten the length of the car, make more leg room for the back seat, decrease weight, change to a rear wheel drive, make tilt standard, build them in Japan not the U.S.

I LOVE MY LEGEND!
By DavisD

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my legend. It now has 226,000 miles on it and it is atill running great! Quiet, luxurious ride on the highway and still has great performance. Great blend of luxury and performance.

Favorite Features

ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Could Be a little faster :), and fuel economy isnt the best :(

Legend #2
By sailor2

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Now I have 2 Legend coupes in my driveway. The first, an '87 with 196,000 miles is still going strong and is as much fun to drive as when it was new. This '93 however has so much more pep with 235hp instead of 161. That combined with the 6 speed transmission instead of 5 makes this car flat-out haul! I have never driven a car that combines luxury and performance the way the manual transmission Legend coupes do. What was Acura thinking when they dropped the line? At least they're bringing back the 6 speed stick. My wife will never understand the joy I get from just aimlessly driving around.

Favorite Features

plain and simple: 3rd gear! It's a monster!

Suggested Improvements

What creatin designed this car without cup holders? This car is loaded. It has every creature comfort known to man...except cup holders...scheesch!

Fantastic!
By Monz

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Best car I ever had. Bought used and is very low maintenance... Powerful, fun, luxurious and still love my car even after four years. I will always have an Acura in my driveway!!!

Favorite Features

Love the speed, handling and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Could be better on gas and a/c could be cooler