1993 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Now My Weekender, But Still My Favorite
By Acural53 on 06/12/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

A timeless style, excellent build quality, classy coupe. Runs like all get out when pushed, very fast. Of my 3 vehicles, it is my preferred choice. Gorgeous dash at night. Parts not cheap, can be very expensive if not maintained properly. But if you keep it running properly, it will give you hundreds of thousands of miles of pure passion and pleasure. My LS 400 is my daily driver, it's a wonderful car, but come the weekend, I'm gone in my Legend. It is like no other car I have owned, and I have had many of them. And when I'm out driving in the coupe, my wife just bites her nails, LOL!

Reliable engine, the rest-lacking
By Paul on 07/19/06 16:16 PM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

With about 126,000 miles currently the car doesn't have a great deal of wear on the engine. I have never had a problem with the engine. However I have had problems with various other non-mechancial parts on the vehicle. Replacements include: driver's side door handle with electronics, master cylinder and ignition switch. All of those with installation totalled $1000 plus. The engine is fairly powerful for the time period, however the gas mileage is decent at best. I average 16-18 mpg in a suburban area and on the highway 25-30. The ride is smooth but somewhat unresponsive. Turns are clumsy and makes the car feel heavy. Interior is rather plush for the base model.

I LOVE MY LEGEND!
By DavisD on 06/07/05 01:25 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my legend. It now has 226,000 miles on it and it is atill running great! Quiet, luxurious ride on the highway and still has great performance. Great blend of luxury and performance.

Legend #2
By sailor2 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Now I have 2 Legend coupes in my driveway. The first, an '87 with 196,000 miles is still going strong and is as much fun to drive as when it was new. This '93 however has so much more pep with 235hp instead of 161. That combined with the 6 speed transmission instead of 5 makes this car flat-out haul! I have never driven a car that combines luxury and performance the way the manual transmission Legend coupes do. What was Acura thinking when they dropped the line? At least they're bringing back the 6 speed stick. My wife will never understand the joy I get from just aimlessly driving around.

Fantastic!
By Monz on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Best car I ever had. Bought used and is very low maintenance... Powerful, fun, luxurious and still love my car even after four years. I will always have an Acura in my driveway!!!