Used 1993 Acura Legend LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

A real legend
By verne smith

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 legend ls sedan 5.5 years ago and it is still going strong, I bought my car with 195,332 miles, it currently has 261,585 miles and still going, I have never had any engine issues, never changed head gasket or any other engine parts, this engine is bullet proof, the transmission is also bullet proof it currently needs a mount thats it, it revs very smooth. I replaced over the 5.5 years and counting, ignition switch, right axle, wheel bearings, just this week the radiator cleaned the EGR ports and of course regular mentainance oil change etc, I am a very proud legend owner and because of this car I have an acura gsr which is another good car, I am now in the process of buying a 2003 mdx.

Power features, tan leather, clean Pearl White exterior, heated seats.

Wish it had more horsepower.

My Acura Legend
By Joseph

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Acura Legend is a superb. I had my Acura when the mileage was about 215000, last year, now it is 238000 and still running good. The cooling system was not working, but when a mechanic changed the main relay, it began to work The little problem I have with mine is that it smokes.

The auto adjustable seat.

Double cup holder.

Good..but not good enough
By Okus

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legend at 129,000 miles.. i loved every bit of it until 2 years and 35,000 miles later. I was upset to learn that these cars have expensive problems. Bad Head Gasket, sticky door. Rust around typical Honda and Acura areas. Gages went out. Window motor slowed way down. I sold it after 3 years and bought a SC400 Lexus. I would never go back to 90's Acuras or Hondas ever again!!! 1st and 2nd gears are good. But 3rd lags and 4th is nothing. I took care of my car very well. washed all the time and maintained at Acura Dealership. No major problem except BHG. I wish i owned the rare Type 2 Coupe Manual!! I suggest buying from a non-snowed state. where rust hasen't started.

Tan beautiful Leather. STYLE!!! It still turned heads even today!!! They hold there value very well!! Good car for young professional!! I upgraded for custom HID Xenon Lights! Upgrade Soundsystem, Racing wheels.. this car looked great!!!

Better Rust protection!!! Especially around Wheel Wells and Window Frame!!! i always maintaned the rust and it kept on coming back!! The car didn't show any rust...because it was all hidden under the paint.

True Legend
By LoveMyLegend

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Car was passed down to me from my dad with 230,000 miles on it. The car is basically like new. Everything from the engine to the interior is as strong as it ever was. Very little signs of wear and tear. Like I said, the engine (whole car really) is extremely strong, and has one the nicest high revving sounds I have heard on a car. Put it past 5k on the tach. and it lets out a bit of a yell but no hesitation at all! I love this car and would only trade it for another legend (gs, 6 speed maybe)! The name really does say it all.

Engine, bose speakers, smooth ride, extreme longevity and dependibility, overall build quality.

None come to mind, maybe the gas mileage, but then again it is a luxo sedan...

Magnificent machine
By mikelrb

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this 8 months ago. Wow. What a car. Bought it after reading all the positive reviews -- I mean, this thing scores high. Bought it for my wife. She LOVES it -- and at 11 years old now! Bought it with 160,000 miles on it. Mint condition, one owner, always maintained at dealer. Smooth, quiet, powerful. Love the lines. Beautiful styling that will never go OUT of style. Lots of power with the 3.2 V6. Cruise at 90, and you don't feel a thing. Really a fantastic car.

Strong engine. Classic design. Elegant. Solid. Reliable. Beautiful to look at, beautiful to drive.

Double cup holder would be nice. Other than that? They never should've discontinued this classic.