Used 1993 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

6,000 miles, what haven't I had to replace??
By pnwluvin

1993 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 4 door sedan automatic 3.2liter legend. I got it with 90,000 miles. It now has 96,500 miles on it 9 months later and I couldn't be more disappointed. Having only been able to drive the car 6,000miles I have replaced the entire engine,radiator,power steering pump,master cylinder, brakes, fuel pump, fuel pump relay. Now I needs new cv axel and it dies every time I come to a stop. BUYERS BEWARE. It has so few miles only because it breaks ever 300 miles! Now I have to scrap together money to buy a new car, which is hard when my car breaks down so much. Maybe if I replace everything in the car it will work for more than a month.

Favorite Features

Alarm, Bose, CD player, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that isn't a piece of crap. Acura is made by honda but is no where near reliable as a Honda.

20 Years Later She is still Cruising
By dtuura

1993 Acura Legend 4dr Sedan

I have had 7 cars in the past 5 years ( all used ) and ive got to say this car takes the Cake. Got a 93 legend for $900 with 152k and i cant regret it. The design and performance of the car is Great and for once i have no Engine lights on. The car doesnt overheat, the tranny doesnt slip and it always starts right up. The one down side is deffinately the suspension but Whatever! the car is 20 years old, that should be expected. also the gas Mileage isnt that Great but i think ill survive

Favorite Features

BOSE, Steering wheel controls, Cruise, sunroof, HEATED MIRRORS, 3.2 V6

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, Gas Mileage

Age is only a number.
By lilmswrenchit

1993 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Acura Legends and have absolutely loved them both. Age has not deteriorated the beauty of an incredible car and even at almost 30 years old it holds that sophisticated beauty. Sharp looking and magnificient to drive there is nothing like it. They need to make a new one that will stand the test of time like these ones have.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the 2 door coupe.

Suggested Improvements

As a mechanic by trade the only thing I can say is I bow my head.

Can't get enough of the Acura Legends
By kenneth walker

1993 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I just recently got in an accident with the first acura legend I ever owned. It was the other guy's fault. It was a 1991 sedan. After the insurance company compensated me for my loss I went right out and bought a 1993 acura legend sedan. I can't get enough of these cars. They are one of the most luxurious and well built cars I've ever seen. My other car is a 2000 trans am ws6. I enjoy driving my acura legend as much as I love driving my trans am. All I ever want to own luxury car wise is the acura legend. I've owned other sedans before but this legend is by far the best sedan I've ever owned. The acura legend is total luxury with performance car attributes with its 200 hp engine.

Favorite Features

200 hp engine. High end leather interior. Superior body styling.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements needed.

A real legend
By verne smith

1993 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 legend ls sedan 5.5 years ago and it is still going strong, I bought my car with 195,332 miles, it currently has 261,585 miles and still going, I have never had any engine issues, never changed head gasket or any other engine parts, this engine is bullet proof, the transmission is also bullet proof it currently needs a mount thats it, it revs very smooth. I replaced over the 5.5 years and counting, ignition switch, right axle, wheel bearings, just this week the radiator cleaned the EGR ports and of course regular mentainance oil change etc, I am a very proud legend owner and because of this car I have an acura gsr which is another good car, I am now in the process of buying a 2003 mdx.

Favorite Features

Power features, tan leather, clean Pearl White exterior, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had more horsepower.