Used 1992 Acura Legend Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Good car
By Acuraowners

1992 Acura Legend Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have not owned this car long, but initially, I like it. It has a long wheelbase- which is really needed to help off-set the overly firm (for a luxury car) suspension. The car is roomy and I feel safe driving it. The gauges are easy to read, but not as pleasant to look at as they are in the 1990-93 Honda Accords, nor is the ride as supple. I am disappointed with the ride of my car, as well as the fact that it needs new axles, & transmission mounts. Overall, these are very good cars, but I have heard a lot of bad things about the headgaskets. They are prone to failures, as are the valve stem seals.

Styling- especially the front, comfortable seats- really needed to off-set the firm suspension, easy to read and use guages, high build quality- still no rattles or squeaks, even at 197K miles, cloth seat material of high quality. I am glad it has cloth, instead of the prone to cracking leather.

Needs tilt steering column- totally unacceptable for a luxury car not to have one- especially a $28K car (when new). Better engine valve seals needed, softer suspension, smoother shifting transmission and head gaskets- because I have heard they can be very prone to go bad on these cars.