1992 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Fun to Drive
By Always & Forever on 09/06/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My husband purchased this car as a wedding gift in 2000. I fell in love with it and immediately treated it like a baby. Her name is "Belle" and yes she has had minor maintenance work (tires, brakes, water pump), but isn't that how babies are? Take care of them, and one day you will receive the reward, which I am receiving right now, 7 years later! I am very pleased with this car.

Excellent engine, styling, & comfort
By Kyle K. on 04/22/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, bought car in '99 with 60k mi; put in after market suspension & audio system; car has driven like a dream since with regular preventive maintenance (oil, air, coolant) and a preventive water pump, belts, and radiator change at 90k; drives as well as the day I bought it with no major repairs; receive many compliments from friends who thought car is new.

Pleasure to Own
By Paul on 12/11/05 15:32 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a certified used vehicle from an Acura dealer. It was 4 years old and in great condition. My ownership for the past 10 years as been a joy. Very little maintenance overall. Had the belts, hoses, and water pump changed at 10 years as preventative. Problem areas that have had to be repaired.. new radiator top assembly, new ignition switch, power antenna always an issue, had to have a used transmission put in (this was most likely my fault from towing a trailer with the car that was at the max tow limit, it was recommended that I not pull a trailer with this car). Paint is now starting to show age on roof and trunk lid, still original and not garage kept. Interior has held up

My Legend
By Joe A on 12/09/04 20:13 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My Legend has been very good to me. Always get compliments on it, even when its dirty. Have had normal mechanical problems, changed belts, front brakes, overheated radiator at 150,000 miles, but besides that, the car has been a pleasure to ride in, Vigors are also nice cars.

What a money pit!!!!!!!!
By jtttma on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1992 Legend with $48k miles in 2000. I thought it would be a reliable car that would last me at least 8 more years. In the four years that I have owned it, I have poured thousands of dollars into it. A new A/C ($1200), radiator, two front axles, replaced all motor mounts (come on, when was the last time you replace a motor mount in a car) and a load of other things. I estimate that I have spent at least $5000 in the four years I have owned it. The engine and transmission, they say, are great, but every thing else is garbage. I tell everyone who wants to by a used Legend to be prepared to pay thousands in repairs.

The Acura
By RBeighle on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars from various manufacturers and this is simply the best. I typically keep a car for 3-5 years before trading, but cannot part with the Acura. It is now my wife's car and will only occasionally let me drive it. Nothing but quality and fun.

Great looks, but engine soso
By on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Admittedly, one of the best looking cars ever built: a good combo of elegence and muscle. However, I have had problems with the engine overheating. Moreover, b/c the engines were built with very narrow margins b/ween parts, a little overheating can do serious damage, as it did in mine. Nonetheless, If I had 15 grand to blow on a car, I' rather buy a legend and then replace the engine and/or tranny than a new cavalier or something.

The Best Car I have ever owned
By jaru on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car new in October of 1992 and it has been a joy to own. I have owned new Buicks, Cadillacs, and Mercedes. But this car has been the greater value than all the rest.